Splinterlands AMA Summary - August 27th, 2021 - 9PM Eastern
- Speakers: Aggroed, Yabapmatt
- Recording Link:
- Scaling & Growth Update
- Chaos Legion Updates
- DEC Economy Review
- Will have a set number aside of packs for the pre-sale
- Everyday a certain amount of packs will be available to purchase
- Your SPS staked compared to total SPS staked will earn you vouchers on how many packs you can purchase per day
- Vouchers will be tokens and will be tradable
- 1 Voucher = 1 Card Pack
- Card packs will cost the initial cost (~$2) and one voucher
- Pre-sale may run for around a whole month
- Packs will be airdropped to everyone who buys with voucher and the cost
- TLDR; More SPS Staked = More Vouchers
- Can buy packs with credits and DEC (See DEC section about reevaluation)
- Burn rates will be lower than Untamed
- Going to decouple burn rates with collection power
- Collection power will be the same as Untamed, the burn rate will be lower though
- Chaos Legion packs and cards will count towards the SPS airdrop
- Team will be making an overall review of DEC and its economy in the near-future
- This would affect tournament costs, card packs, potions, guild buildings, etc...
- Team can't control the actual price of the DEC
- They want to see prices stay high and increase
- Team will develop Chaos Legion economy based on the DEC market
- Looking into new options to buy DEC within Splinterlands!
- Team is trying to get out more SPS rewards - ranked play & tournaments first
- Liquidity pools will be next focus
- The recent 20 million increase was due to the 10% release of the private investors
- 10% gets released every month - 20 million
- Other supply increases are all included in the SPS Whitepaper
- Looking into new options to buy SPS within Splinterlands!
- Matt will look into getting the SPS tournament pool started for SPS tournaments!
Scaling & Growth:
- All servers are upgraded and can support the load balance
- Putting in a lot of work still into Customer Support
- Looking into bridge issues and trying to limit them as much as possible
- Looking into adding additional security
- Bringing on more developers and more team members! 🚀
- Brawls v2 rollout went smooth - Props to @cryptomancer! 🙌
- Gladiators can only be used in guild brawls and not in any other types of battles
- They are also soulbound which means you can't buy, sell, or trade them
- Merits are based a guild's arena level
- Higher arena level's earn more merits since they can earn more crowns
Battles & Tournaments:
- Will consider allowing different game formats to be created in the future
- Example: Choose your own rule set
- Will have the updated burn rates (see Chaos Legion)
- Will have the new Chaos Legion frames
- Nate just finished all the artwork and frames and sent off to Matt - See eye candy below!
- Yabamatt is working really hard to get these out as soon as possible!
- Can't be converted to DEC or SPS due to legality issues
Quest Potion Change:
- The quest potion allows you to earn without buying cards
- This goes against everything in regards to the game and the play-to-earn concept
- The goal should be to increase your account's rating to increase your league
- Team was profiting at the expense of players and instead, they want to profit along players!
- People own the bots the assets on those accounts so the team can't control them
- Taking this aspect away would take away the decentralized aspect
- Team does want to review the bots impact though to limit how they affect the gameplay
- Reminder: End of season rewards will be based on where you rank at the end of the season starting next season!
- Primary reason for season reward change is to support the new cooldown mechanics
- Team will review the impact of this change overtime
Hive Engine NFT Feature:
- NFT feature is done - been done for a bit actually
- Outpost is going live on Saturday!
- Aggroed would love to award stuff all the time without ruining the game
- Integrating NFT's Into Splinterlands will be figured out later
Interesting Remarks During AMA
- "The more we grow, the slower and more careful we have to be" -Yabamatt
- "We don't want to profit off of players, we want to profit along with players" -Yabamatt
- In Memory Of Gigas
- Matt has really big economy spreadsheets!
- Most proud moment/achievement:
- Aggroed loves the growth we've been experiencing and the way the Mavericks and the rest of the community has stepped up to welcome all the new players!
- Yabamatt is proud that Splinterlands has created opportunities for players
- Most common complaint: "People want to achieve the highest return with the lowest amount invested, and to do that, they want to eliminate all their competitors"
- The highest earnings are from those overcome it
😍 Chaos Legion EYECANDY 😍
- Chaos Legion will show more artwork, less frame in the way
- Icon on top indicates it is a Chaos Legion card
- Green means it is a Chaos Legion Reward card
- At the bottom of the card, there will be little runes to explain more Lore details of the card
- Race, culture, etc...
😍 Animations EYECANDY 😍
Potential Backlog For Splinterlands Dev Team
- Add small icon to let players know they are in an active event that requires an action (Cryptomancer)¹
- Add DEC pegged value in marketplace so players have an ideal how much DEC would be required to buy a card, or how much they will receive if selling a card¹
- Add a new setting to allow players to change the sound volume¹
- Fix Hive Engine packs not being displayed properly¹
- Add functionality to automatically stake your max balance
- Output more accurate error messaging and possibly include resources to alleviate the issue¹
Next AMA - Friday, September 3rd, 2PM EST (6PM UTC)