Share Your Battle Weekly Challenge - Gem Meteor
Hello friends, it's the weekend, some free time has arrived and today I decided to take part in the Share Your Battle Weekly Challenge and do some battles with an interesting neutral archer, Gem Meteor.
His ability to attack random targets makes him a good fit with the concept of the Chaos Legion and I admit I don't use him that often, so it's interesting to try some strategies where he can bring out his abilities to the fullest.
For this season I've rented him in a Gold Foil to increase my income from battles, and he's performed particularly well in alliance with the Death Elemental.
Since my opponent often played with a dragon element and Daria Dragonscale, I evened the playing field by activating Zintar Mortalis to lower melee attacks and my lineup for a fight with a Close Range rule that allows archers to attack at close range was as follows
- Haunted Spirit with a good attack, great health and healing ability;
- Spineback Wolf with great speed and attack. I love this classic monster!
- Magician Revealer is one of my favourite new cards and his Stun ability has helped me deal with an opponent who outclassed me on more than one occasion.
- archer Dark Astronomer, with good parameters at relatively low cost.
- Undead Archer with Affliction ability, in case the enemy puts Haunted Spirit on the first position or uses healers. Blocking cures is awesome!
- Completes the combo with the fast archer Gem Meteor, whose task was to deal chaotic damage and make it easier for the other cards.
My opponent predictably chose a combination of Dragons and Death, and his speedy Dragon Jumper was a massive concern, since my cards aren't exactly awesome in terms of defense, and I was hoping for him to be a frequent target for Gem Meteor.
Thanks to my speed attacks and Revealer's ability, I got rid of the enemy tank by the start of round two.
By the beginning of the third round I lost Revealer and my opponent lost Undead Minotaur, but the most interesting thing unfolded in rounds 4 and 5, when Dragon Jumper came out on top. My Dark Astronomer couldn't hit him, so the responsibility fell to Gem Meteor, who performed at his best!
It was a tough win and a worthy opponent, so I was very happy to have this fight and, equally happy to share this experience with you.
See you on a battlefield!