[Part 13] - The journey through Splinterlands: AMA Summary 14th May 2021
I'm never able to catch the AMA that occurs every Friday by the Splinterlands team and therefore have to watch the recorded session later on. I was wondering why there isn't a blog post summarizing all the information that is given, because I don't like to watch a one hour long recording and rather read quickly through the parts that interest me.
Since there is no summary of the AMA, I decided to do it myself. Let me know if this is helpful, if I missed anything or if the information I put here is inaccurate. All the feedback is welcome.
- On average 320 sign-ups per day
- On average 52 Spellbooks bought per day
- 87000 total accounts
- 25000 total Spellbook purchases
The Big Announcement
- Will happen at the end of May
- Will have some promos with it
- Will increase the daily earnings/rewards
- Castles and Keeps will be usable as storage or trading hubs
- Castles and Keeps are upgradable and yield more benefits if done so
- Owners of Castles and Keeps might earn taxes or services for other players who use their buildings to trade or store
- Land Claim with an NFT will happen in June (maybe a little bit later)
- Decision on how many resources can be produced (production, totems, in general) will happen later on
- Summoners and Monster will be on land to create resources. Totems will be a bonus as well as gold/alpha cards
- Lots of things (world, market, game overall) are going to change once this comes live
- The chance to get plots from mystery potions will soon stop (approximately in a couple of weeks - will be announced)
Managing the Land
- Possibility of automation
- Initially takes some time and only update/upgrade when necessary
- Possibility to micromanage will be there as well (for slightly better rewards)
- Possibility of renting out land will be there as well
- Items for Brawls will be for sale in the guild shop
- Individual Boards for Brawl participants
- Players can earn Merits
- Crowns will benefit the whole guild
- Merits will benefit individual players within the Brawls
- Merits are non-transferable and can only be used to buy things in the guild shop
- Gladiator Packs can be bought in the guild shop (contain gladiator cards with new abilities - only usable in Brawls)
- Gladiator cards will have new (pretty overpowered) abilities
- There might be potions for the guild shop (not decided yet)
- Only one Gladiator card per team will be allowed
- Tactics (e.g. Banishing a card) will apply to all editions
- Gladiators are permanent, upgradable and burnable (but can't be traded or sold)
- Release of these changes will be end of Q2 or Q3 at the latest
Being more Beginner friendly
- Buying the Spellbook will give some insights on blockchain
- Better on-boarding with more information for completely new player (with no experience in crypto so far)
Question - Answer
Q: Has the initial activity on wax died down?
A: Yes, but there are still sales of cards on wax. And more importantly a lot of players are continuously signing up with their wax address, which increases the Playerbase.
Q: Can I create content with Splinterlands artwork?
A: Yes for promotional purposes. No if you will profit from it. Will be decided on a case-by-case basis. In general a written permission is required and people mustn't think that the artwork is playable in game, which would result in a bad experience for players.
Q: Is the Dragon Splinter used more often in Battle?
A: No, it is used slightly less. It gets randomly chosen how many Splinters will be active and then it gets randomly chosen which ones are active. If the amount of active Splinters is 1 and the chosen one is Dragon, then another Splinter will be chosen as well.
Let me know if you like this summary or what I can improve upon. I hope I got the most important information, but let me also know if I missed something.
Though I will never post links that I am not convinced are legitimate and useful, you should always do your own research before signing up on a site. I will benefit if you sign up through one of the below links:
Splinterlands: The next generation of collectible card games
Muterra Discord: Blockchain game in development - Join for NFT airdrops
Astral Entities Discord: Blockchain game in development - Join for NFT airdrops
Pipeflare: Games, Technology, Blockchain
Presearch: Get payed searching the web decentralized