In this guide, we’ve listed all God of War Trophies alongside links to the guides that will help you earn them. We’ve broken them down into a few categories to make them easier to digest.
Any list of Trophies necessarily contains spoilers. We’ll do what we can to avoid giving surprises away, but you should still browse the list below carefully.
You’ll earn the following Trophies by playing through God of War’s campaign — the Journeys, as the game calls each chapter.
- The Journey Begins. Defend your home from The Stranger. (The Wildwoods)
- A New Friend. Survive the Witch’s Woods. (River Pass)
- Feels Like Home. Allow the Light Elves to return home. (Alfheim)
- Dragon Slayer. Defeat the Dragon of the Mountain. (The Mountain)
- Troubling Consequences. Defeat Magni and Modi. (The Magic Chisel)
- Hello, Old Friend. Retrieve the Blades of Chaos. (The Sickness)
- Promise Fulfilled. Heal Atreus. (The Sickness)
- Round 2. Rescue Atreus. (The Black Rune)
- Past Haunts. Ride the ship out of Helheim. (Escape from Helheim)
- Twilight Beckons. Defeat Baldur. (A Path to Jotunheim)
- Last Wish. Spread the ashes. (Mother’s Ashes)
ARTIFACTS, FAVORS, LABORS AND OTHER TROPHIES
You’ll earn the Trophies below for collecting items and completing side quests.
- Like Oil and Water. Complete all of Brok and Sindri’s Favors. (See our guides for “Second Hand Soul,” “Deus Ex Malachite,” “Fafnir’s Hoard,” “Family Business.” and “Hail to the King.”)
- Unfinished Business. Assist all of the wayward spirits. (See our guides for “Dead Freight,” “Hammer Fall,” “Time Heals All” and “Unfinished Business.”)
- Trilingual. Learn the languages of Muspelheim and Niflheim.
- Death Happened Here. Explore Veithurgard. (See our Veithurgard guide.)
- Dangerous Skies. Free all of the dragons. (See our guides for “The Imprisonment of Otr” and “The Flight of Fafnir.”)
- Curator. Collect all of the Artifacts. (Check out our guide to all God of War Artifacts to collect them all.)
- Beneath the Surface. Explore all the Lake of Nine has to offer. (See our Lake of Nine guides.)
- Fire and Brimstone. Complete all of the Trials of Muspelheim.
- Darkness and Fog. Retrieve all treasure from the Workshop’s center chamber. (This refers to Ivaldi’s Workshop. Check out our Niflheim guide for the details.)
- Chooser of the Slain. Defeat the nine Valkyries. (Check out our Valkyries guides for strategies to beat each.
You’ll earn these Trophies for upgrading Kratos and Atreus. There’s not much to say about most of them, because they’re things you’ll just do naturally when playing God of War.
- Nice Moves. Obtain a Runic Attack Gem.
- Dwarven Ingenuity. Upgrade a piece of armor.
- Best Dressed. Craft an outfit for Atreus.
- Enchanted. Slot an Enchantment into your armor.
- The Best Moves. Fully upgrade a Runic Attack.
- Idunn’s Orchard. Fully upgrade your Health.
- Quick Tempered. Fully upgrade your rage.
- Worthy. Fully upgrade the Leviathan Axe.
- Why Fight It? Fully upgrade the Blades of Chaos.
You’ll find Ancients — those giant creatures made out of rock — scattered throughout God of War, and many of them will be optional encounters. Choose to fight and defeat them, and you’ll accumulate the items to create this armor set, which includes the Pauldron of the Ancients, the Gauntlet of the Ancients and the Belt of the Ancients. Browse the gallery above for the details on the items you need, including Ancient’s Hearts, Ancient’s Rubble and a lot of hacksilver.
- Path of the Zealot. Obtain Traveler Armor set.
These are Trophies you earn by doing a number of things — finding ravens, killing enemies, earning Trophies, that kind of thing.
- Allfather Blinded. Kill all of Odin’s ravens. (Check out our God of War Odin’s ravens guide for the locations of all 51.)
- All Will Fail. Kill 1,000 enemies.
- Father and Son. Obtain all other Trophies.
- Treasure Hunter. Use treasure maps to find all of the dig spots. (Check out our God of War treasure map guides to find every one of them.)
- The Truth. Read all of the Jotnar shrines. (Check out our More than Myth guide for the location of every Jotnar shrine.)