This week's Splinterlands Challenge of the Week was to showcase the anything but neutral Furious Chicken, hands down the crowing glory of the entire Splinterland's canon, period...
This remains the only 0 mana card which makes it invaluable in low mana battles, and the battle below which features two near identical line ups, bar the Chicken, demonstrates why....
The Rule Set and Line Up
- Mana 16 - perfect for the Chicken!
- Armoured up
Summoner - Lianna
- Flesh Golem - a pretty good low mana tank, with void and self heal
- The Chicken, as a back up tank!
- The Brownie - for inspire and swiften, and another tank!
- The Vulture - useful in low mana battles, played near the back because it gives scavenge time to be most effective
- The Elemental - some defence against sneak.
Did my strategy work?
Beautifully, and thanks to the Chicken, to see it in action click here!
- Round 1 - straight away you see the Chicken's usefulness - my Vulture goes for my opponent's Brownie, my opponent's vulture goes for my Chicken
- Round 2 - same as above - but I take out his Brownie, he takes out my Chicken. He loses two buffs at this stage, I don't!
- Round 3 - I take out his Flesh Golem, thanks to having my swiften and inspire still intact.
- Round 4 - I'm now all over his vulture who falls swiftly and now his Elemental is in front, it's all over!
How important was The Chicken?
The fact that he acted as a soak for the Vulture's attack meant I kept my Brownie and the Swiften and Inspire Buff. It was a direct result of this that I managed to take out his Golem in round three - the Earth Elemental struck before the Golem had a chance to heal himself.
It was truly a case of Chicken Difference!
Final Thoughts: Furious Chicken: Worth Levelling Up?
Absolutely hands down YES!
I'm with the majority that you should take him up to level 5, where he picks up enrage, that seems like his price optimum.
There are just so many battles where he comes in handy and sometimes, if you play him and your opponent doesn't it really does make a chicken difference!
I like him so much I've bought loads, and a few gold cards to boot!
If you don't yet play Splinterlands, why not give it a go?
Anyone using my referral link will receive a free rare card!