This week's Splinterlands Challenge of the Week was to showcase the Mushroom Seer, from (unsurprisingly!) the Earth Splinter.
The Mushroom Seer is an awesome card when maxed - delivering 3 magic damage and two hexes with reasonable health for just 5 mana.
Unfortunately I'm down the leagues a bit ATM due to not having the time to play recently and so I've only got the silence buff going on for this battle
The Rule Set and Line Up
- mana 19 - low to mid mana, fine for one 5 mana monster
- healed out - suits the Mushroom just fine!
Summoner - Lianna
- Failed summoner - my go to low mana tank for Earth
- Creeping Ooze - low on mana
- The Mushroom - the challenge card and OK for this ruleset!
- Magi of the Forest - bit of a risk on no reflect, but insane damage for the mana
- Screeching Vulture - another awesome damage card, best played near the back for maxing out his scavenge ability
- The Brownie - for swiften and a bit of high speed defence against sneak.
Did my strategy work?
Beautifully, to see it in action click here!
- Round 1 - we exchange blows, nice to see Ooze soaking up an opportunity attack, no losses
- Round 2 - carnage, and not in my opponent's favour - The Seer takes out Lava, and then Magi takes out the Serpentine Spy.
- Kind of a repeat of round 2 - Seer and Magi take out the next two monsters, I lose my tank
- Round 4 - with only one ranged monster left, it's all over for my opponent!
How important was The Mushroom Seear?
Well, he did his bit against my shielded opponent, him and the Magi just carved their way through his deck.
But I fully recognise there is some small difference in levels going on here!
Final Thoughts: Mushroom Seer - worth levelling up?
For me it's a BIG YES - I've got mine maxed and I'm looking forward to getting back up to diamond so I can use those two handy buffs - poison and silence.
He rarely lets me down!
If you don't yet play Splinterlands, why not give it a go?
Anyone using my referral link will receive a free rare card!