This week's Splinterlands Challenge of the Week was to showcase the classic Beta Naga Warrior from the Water Splinter
I've got my Naga Warrior up to level 6, where she picks up the enrage buff to go along with the retaliate ability she starts with, and at L6 she's pretty handy - huge damage and health and great speed.
All in all a card you don't want to mess with!
I tried to no avail to come up with a battle that really showcases her - Splinterlands just wasn't in the mood the last couple days with Water often frozen out and then the 'slow' ruleset seeming to come up frequently, NOT her best friend.
But in the battle below I kind of let her do all the work and so it does showcase her at least!
The battle below features a classic line up featuring the Elemental, in which I win against a higher powered deck.
The Rule Set and Line Up
- Silenced Summoners
- Mana 15
Not an ideal mana total for the Naga warrior, but perfect for making her the only real damage card in the line up, to test her out!
Summoner - Bortus but no advantage really because of the rule set!
- Naga Warrior - the challenge card
- Creeping Ooze - for slow
- Kelp initiate - I wanted cleanse to make sure the warrior had some protection against hexes
- Albatros - heal 1
- Crustacean - heal 2 and some shields
- Chicken - protection against sneak!
Did my strategy work?
Beautifully, to see it in action click here!
- Round 1 - BOOM - straight of the mark the Naga Warrior takes out the monkey and then the crustacean deals with Ooze.
- Round 2 - She takes out the chicken, meanwhile Kelp attracts a couple of misses, I never realised his speed was so usefully high!
- Round 3 - Naga Warrior takes out the Goblin Shaman - carving through them!
- Round 4 - she does for the Centaur and by
- Round 5 - it's all over.
How important was The Naga Warrior?
Well she held her own - and carved her way through MOST of the field.
Along with the Kelp Initiate soaking up all of those snipe attacks!
TBH I think Kelp kind of stood out more than Naga - that high health and speed came in very handy!
Final Thoughts: Naga Warrior - Worth Levelling Up?
Absolutely! While the water splinter is really a magic splinter, it can also be useful for 'melee monsters only' or 'melee attack from any position' - which is when the enrage and retaliate and high speed and enormous damage come in really handy!
If you don't yet play Splinterlands, why not give it a go?
Anyone using my referral link will receive a free rare card!