This week's Splinterlands Challenge of the Week was to showcase the Death Elemental from the (unsurprisingly given the name) Death Splinter.
The Death Elemental is a low mana (3) card which does 2 max damage and snipe and silence at level 7, where I've got him to. If you max him out he picks up weaken at L8.
His weakness is his low health, as is the case for many Death Splinter monsters.
The battle below features a a line up featuring the Elemental in which I emphasise a snipe strategy to good effect.
The Rule Set and Line Up
- mana 23, so low mana cards are necessary
- Silenced summoners - so no disadvantages agains OPd summoners!
- No melee monsters - so it's either magic or ranged!
**Summoner - Clarissa ** (or something like that)
- Lord A - simply the best tank, especially when magic is more likely
- Shadowy Presence - useful defence against snipe and strengthen
- The banshee - weak against reflect, but I wanted a blast attack
- Dwarven Wizard - snipe 1 and stune
- Death elemental - snipe 2 and also silence for anticipated magic attacks
- Twisted Jester - snipe 3 and some defence against sneak with dodge.
Did my strategy work?
Beautifully, to see it in action click here!
- Round 1 - Straight off the mark my opponent loses his Spectre due to reflect - NEVER play the spectre unless you've got strengthen at least! He also loses his Shadowy Presence
- Round 2 - Carnage! Off the blocks i lose my shadow, but that's partly what he's there for! Then my opponent loses his Spirit miner and Undead Priest and I lose my Banshee
- Round 3 - Snipe takes out my Banshee and then his Jester, now it's all over.
It just takes me a couple more rounds to finish off his Lord A.
How important was The Death Elemental?
He played his part without being outstanding - his part as part of an effective snipe line up thanks to my opponent's deck.
You'll not how our front line is very similar, but while my opponent's non snipe attacks reflect and play havoc with him, my own magic snipe attacks don't get reflected and stun/ kill effectively.
So overall, the death elemental did his bit, but probably Lord A and reflect were just as important, and devastating.
Final Thoughts: Death Elemental - worth levelling up?
This isn't the most obvious card to level up in the Death Splinter - TBH there are plenty of others I'd go for first that have got more overall utility, such as The Phantom soldier or Soulstorm or Fallen Spectre - I tend to use those cards all the time and mostly win, whereas with the Death Elemental it's more 50-50!
Still, if yer into snipe, it's a good card to play!
If you don't yet play Splinterlands, why not give it a go?
Anyone using my referral link will receive a free rare card!