Splinterlands Challenge of the Week: Stonesplitter Orc
This week's Splinterlands Challenge of the Week was to showcase the Stonesplitter Orc from the Earth Splinter.
The nice thing about this Rare card is that he gets pretty awesome by level 6, when he hits max damage of 5, for a reasonable speed, and with enrage and retaliate. This means he could do a lot of damage early on.
He is relatively weak in terms of defence, however.
The battle below features The Orc nailing opponents with his high damage and playing a major role in the victory!
The Rule Set and Line Up
- Mana 25
- No ranged.
None of which particular favour The Orc, but I had a challenge to meet!
**Summoner - The Llama **
- The Orc - because I had a challenge!
- Failed summoner - demoralise as you're either going to be magic or melee attacks!
- Screeching Vulture - just a great card
- Khmer Princess - minus her usual triage as I'm lower down than I'm used to!
- The Mushroom - Poison and Silence, a decent card!
- The Chicken - to soak up sneak
Did my strategy work?
Beautifully, to see it in action click here!
- Round 1 - We trade blows, my Chicken goes down to sneak and opportunity, but that's what he's there for!
- Round 2 - thanks to the Orc being enraged, the golem misses him (higher speed when enraged!) and then the 8 damage is enough in combination with all my other damage to take out his tank - CRUCIAL! As is the fact that he's cleansed of Poison by the Llama.
- Round 3 - Straight of the bat the Nymph goes down to poison - riddance bitch! The Orc then takes out the Goblin whose now in Tank position, he then gets taken out by the Vulture, but at least takes him with him thanks to his retaliate.
- Round 4 - It's all over - My opponent's mushroom gets reflected and then killed by the vulture and he loses his Brownie too.
How important was The Orc?
Absolutely essential - both his abilities really worked out nicely - enrage for the higher speed resulting in a crucial miss and the higher damage taking out the Golem early on. It's usually the first tank to fall that results in a loss. Then retaliate to take down the Vulture, which can be a pain with that scavenge ability.
However, the Llama was crucial with the cleanse ability and extra health provision too of course.
Final Thoughts: Stonesplitter Orc: Worth Levelling Up?
To be honest there are plenty of cards I'd buy BEFORE the Orc - you REALLY want shield or Void in the front row, so the Flesh Golem or Lord A are better options.
However, I had fun with him this challenge, and he can come in handy with melee attack from every position and and enraged retaliate (with 8 damage) is enough to wipe out most unprotected monsters!
So I wouldn't rule out taking him up to Level 6 at some point if you haven't already, but that's as far as I'd take him.
If you don't yet play Splinterlands, why not give it a go?
Anyone using my referral link will receive a free rare card!