No-one should of been excluded, it goes against the very reason in which they loudly proclaim for creating the "sister" chain. Thanks for always speaking your mind and sharing your opinion. Its a rare trait in a system where our currency earning is greatly affected by doing so.
The ones that created HIVE have a chance to show everyone that the move isn't largly in part because of the power/witness money they lost. So far they been failing at that.
To the best of my knowledge so far they:
(1) Blacklisted specific front end users and took what would of been those users HIVE tokens (that's right they didn't even burn the tokens).
(2) They excluded only the Steemit Ninja Mined Stake. There's more ninja mined stake other then Steemits.
(3) Back to point one...... the Steeimit Stake was recreated and put in some "fund" so they essentially might be recreating the same issue that is currently going on with Steemit.
The good ....
(1) There's talks about a proposition that can get voted on to get some of the transfered "steemit inc" hive stake burned.
(2) The blacklist users that had their potential HIVE tokens taken from them still have a chance at getting them. I think with enough community pressure they just might be able to get them.
(3) I have no clue what witness voting system they plan on using but if they rework it to give the little guy a bigger say that will show that the HIVE blockchain creation wasn't because, "they lost their power".
Personally I hope both blockchains succed and will be using both blockchains because as an end user we don't have to choose. Its no different then using microsoft email services and Yahoo email services.