So this is definitely not
the completed version, as it turns out, the piano velocities were not fixed, despite the title on Soundcloud, so it gets way too quiet at certain points. But, the general idea is there, so I figured I could do a couple updates and show the evolution/finalization of the song.
Track 1 is the weird
sounds that begin the track, which continue at a lower volume for the entire thing. Track 2 is our piano, which is the main part of the song, though the velocity mistakes made it SO quiet at some parts. We are in Bmin, and move between Bmin and Bbmajor in the first 4 bars of each green section, substituting Ebminor for Bbmajor the second set of 4 bars. In the Blue sections, the Bbmajor/Ebminor is replaced with a G#/Ab minor (a minor third down from our tonic). Moving us between the chords are some dissonant little progressions; all of which makes for some super dark moves, which keep the creepy factor up, being inspired by the Death Splinter in Splinterlands.
Track 2, piano, green section.
Track 3 is a single
cymbal hit, which accents certain sections, particularly when the drums pick up with the snare hits. Track 4 is one of two drumkits, which provides the hihats and snares, while Track 8 adds just the kicks. Track 5 is the upright bass, which mostly plays over those snare filled sections, and only adding a single note or two max over the Green sections of Track 2. Finally, we have Tracks 6 and 7, which mirror the piano part, but using some spacey synths over the snare sections, so those feel more full.
I'm gonna fix a lot of the little mistakes/oversights tonight, so stay tuned for the final product, hopefully tomorrow! Thanks for listening!