Welcome hivians to my splinterlands Weekly battle challenge. This week challenge is featuring River nymph. I rarely use this card in silver leagues. I am finding myself struggling to get the exciting battle involving this card which is on nuxious fumes rulesets where cleanse ability badly needed to support whoever the Tanks is. I decided to use another unit in the same water splinter, the card that I wanted to use is Demented shark. Focusing on melee unit is a rudimentary strategy when Demented shark join in the battle
|River Nymph||Demented Shark|
Several weeks after the spores are laid, small, treelike fungus begins to grow from the sharks’ heads. This causes the sharks to completely lose control of themselves and fall into a perpetual blinding agony of rage. This is how the monsters known as Demented Sharks are born, and when they find their way into the inner sea of ΛZMΛRÉ, no Mer is safe.
If you want to watch the battle directly, you may tap the links below.
My Line Up Explanation
Considering the allowed splinter, I could see that water summoner is better than any other summoners that I own. Water splinter / kelya is good at countering Sloan General, Tarsa and Quick as long as we pick up the right monsters to fill every position. Because the rules is super sneak, all melee attack could be used in the team so the duty is simply mixing the most efficient melee unit in low mana cap. So Demented shark is a wise choice I guess.
- Leagues = Silver 1
- Super Sneak = All monsters has the sneak ability
- mana cap 20 = Total mana unit can be used is up to 20
- summoner = Only four splinter available which are, fire,dragon,death and water
As I refer earlier that kelya is better than any other splinter that I owned. Kelya is weak only when facing obsidian that could not be used in this match. So in my opinion kelya Will win over melee and ranged because it gives +1 to Shield and speed. To counter a swarm of magic unit I put a high health tank with low mana comsumption.
FRONT ROW (TANK POSITION)
managing team in low mana cap is always challenging. To overcome this situation I always filter the monsters I wanted to use by only using less than 4 mana cost monsters. By narrowing the choice made me save time to think on another monsters to play in the battle. My best possible option is Zenith Monk as it has heal ability that is perfectly used in super sneak rules because attacks Will separated and most people tends to making use of this situation to play melee unit. It means that the healing ability Will activated more often
I put this card in the second position to keep it save from sneak attacks. Aside from that this monsters has inspire ability that Will come in handy in winning the battle. I just need to mainly use melee attacks regardless of the position anymore. So I Use full melee monsters such as Zenith Monk, Pelacor bandit, Hardy Stonefish and Venator kinjo. This card is one of my favourite in water splinter.
Pelacor bandit is a good DPS monsters, that able to deliver a succesful attacks more often due to its 4 speed points and kelya added +1 making it more scary. Besides fond of on. Attack this card also good at defense because the flying ability have it difficult to be hitted. As I alluded before I choose this card over Uraeus whom had the same mana cost.
I left with 3 or less mana to use, instead of using it to get Uraeus I thought it would be better if I have two monsters. So I decided to have Hardy Stonefish fill the fourth position. It Will play as a good Shield of Pelacor bandit and Demented Shark while it Will be buffed by Demented shark that Will add my attacking power.
The last seat is gonna be owned by a Legendary card associated by the riftwather packs. Venator Kinjo suits very well in this strategy where he could keep attacking unnoticed by the enemy and fear no thorn and blast damage as Reflection Shield Will have it purified before the damage could reach him.
Did My Strategy Worked? What will I do Differently?
My prediction become true, My rival indeed use mainly melee unit this time. Actually it is not a random predictions but a simple statistics data that I have experienced in almost 4k Battles (at the time of this write). By using of this information I manage to safely put Demented shark in a good position and followed by some Damage Per Turn which not has a strong attacks power but the damage hit all the time. Comparing my rival attack power of 9 melee attacks per turn, I could deliver 11 attack powers. Also the speed of my monsters outperform his monsters that easily bring his monsters to the graveyard.
About This Monsters
What I like about this monster :
- inspire This monster's ability is an important factor in some situations to buff melee monsters on our side by +1 point
- reward card because this card belongs to the reward card it means this card is cheap and you could maximize this card according to the current leagues you are in. I personally have maxed this card to bronze leagues.
What i don't like about this monster:
- Not tanky enough, Comparing to Diemonshark and Flying squid as a tank this card is way below both of the card. This card is only suitable as a support.
When to use This monsters
I suggest you to use this monster only for this situation:
- No magic rule only ranged attacks and magic could do attacks from behind so it is a good decision using this card.
- Equal Opportunity, melee Mayhem and Super Sneak a very convenient rulesets for Demented shark, it Will unleash the full potential of his inspire
When to Avoid using This Monsters :
I don't recommend you to use this monster for this situation below:
- Back to Basics, This card Will not be as good as when inspire ability enable. This card also has decent attacks which making it less competitive in the current monsters in modern format.
- noxious fumes this card has decent health. In 3 turn only poison Will have this card destroyed. Better get an additional ranged or mage attack I guess, you may find a lot high health monsters instead.
Thank you for reading my post, i hope you enjoyed this post and could give another view about this monster. Let me know if you got another view about this monster on comment section. In addition for the new players to Splinterlands if you sign up with my referral link and complete the spellbook purchase, I will send you 75 DEC in game which should help you get started by renting some cards and building up your teams
- Splinterlands for making a masterpiece play2earn game
- carrieallen for ultimate markdown tutorial
- Mr. Flauwy for the dividers