Share Your Battle Challenge! | Chaos Knight
Tank monsters is neither offensive nor defensive. They can either create so much damage swiftly that leads to most of the opponent's monsters to be defeated just by itself, or one that receives all the damage from the opponent's monster attacks so that your chosen monsters in the backline will do the offensive, depending on varying rulesets.
In this week's Share Your Battle Challenge, the featured card to be used is the Chaos Knight from the Chaos Legion edition.
For the battle that I will share today, my chosen lineup of monsters is within the level guide of the Silver League.
Equal Opportunity: All the monsters have the Opportunity ability
Within the 24 mana capacity battle.
BATTLE FORMATION STRATEGY
Because the ruleset involves the Opportunity ability, My guest is that the opponent will go on an all out melee damage lineup so I choose Tyrus Paladium as my summoner to somehow counter the attack of the opponent by giving +1 armor to my chosen monsters.
I choose Chaos Knight in the first position to serve as the tank. It is a common card with a stats of 3 melee, 3 speed, 3 armor, and 5 health. With the Shield ability, it reduces the melee or range damage it will receives. It also makes a double damage to monsters with 10 mana call cost or higher, making it a good tanks compensating for its low health stat.
Second position is the Creeping Ooze. A common card with a stats of 1 melee, 1 speed, and 2 health. It reduces the speed of the opponent's monsters with the Slow ability.
Third position is the Feral Spirit. A common card with a stats of 2 melee, 6 speed, and 3 health. It sneaks an attacks to the last position monster of the opponent thanks to its Sneak ability.
Fourth position is the Divine Healer. A common card with a stats of 1 magic, 2 speed, and 5 health. It heals the first position monsters with the Tank Heal ability.
Fifth position is the Venari Crystalsmith. A rare card with a stats of 2 range, 3 speed, and 5 health. It also heals the first position monster with the Tank Heal ability.
Last position is the Defender of Truth. An epic card with a stats of 2 magic, 4 speed, 1 armor, and 3 health. It gives additional +2 armor to allied monsters with its Protect ability which makes it a good backline defense in supporting the Venari Crystalsmith and Divine Healer.
In this battle, my prediction for the opponent's by choosing melee monsters in his lineup was correct which give the additional armor give by my chosen summoner and monster useful in this battle.
- In the first round, the first to attack is my Feral Spirit, defeating the opponent's Ant Miners instantly.
- The Fineas Rage of the enemy instantly removed the armor of my Creeping Ooze.
- The defender of Truth instantly defeats the Furios Chicken of the Opponent.
- Venari Crystalsmith defeated the Creeping Ooze of the enemy, removing the Slow debuff in my lineup.
- Chaos Knight activated the Giant Killer ability, causing the double damage to the Goblin Mech's armor to be instantly removed.
- Divine Healer attacked the Flame Monkey.
- Flame Monkey repaired the armor of Goblin Mech by +2 armor. Attacks the Creeping Ooze.
- Goblin Mech attacks the Chaos Knight.
- Creeping Ooze defeated the Flame Monkey.
- Remaining monsters in the Opponents field is Goblin Mech and Fineas Rage
- Feral Spirit attacked the Fineas Rage.
- Defender of Truth attacked the Goblin Mech.
- Fineas Rage defeated the Creeping Ooze, removing the slow debuff.
- Venari Crystalsmith attacked the Goblin Mech.
- Goblin Mech officially removes the armor of the Chaos Knight.
- Chaos Knight defeated the Goblin Mech, making the Fineas Rage the remaining monster of the opponent.
- Divine Healer attacked the Fineas Rage.
- Feral Spirit attacked the Fineas Rage.
- Defender of Truth attacked the Fineas Rage.
- Fineas Rage attacked the Chaos Knight.
- Venari Crystalsmith heals the Chaos Knight, attacks Fineas Rage.
- Chaos Knight Defeated the Fineas Rage.
DID YOUR STRATEGY WORK?
My strategy efficiently worked in this battle. With the additional armor given by my chosen summoner, and monster, it defends the melee attacks of the opponents monsters, and most of my chosen monsters remains until the end of the battle. The double tank heal support given to the Chaos Knight makes the monster to last longer in the battle even with the low health stats. With the Giant Killer ability of the Chaos Knight together with the supporting attacks of my chosen monsters, the Goblin Mech and the remaining monsters of the enemy were defeated in just 3 rounds.
DO YOU LIKE USING THE CHAOS KNIGHT?
I like using the Chaos Knight, and it is one of the cards that is added on the list after the release of the Chaos Legion cards to be use in my battles. Based on my experience in using the Chaos Knight in battles, it is a good card to be use between 20 to 30 mana capacity battles, and all depending in the rulesets given. The Giant Killer ability can cause a great amount of damage combined with the Inspire ability which is available in its higher level, and other monsters, which makes it a useful monster in the higher league battles.
There are many ways to strategize with the featured monster, and it is a good choice to pay attention to the abilities that will help you to win in your battles.
Are you interested in playing the game after watching the video and reading the blog? Then I invite you to play the game. Just click on my referral link to sign up and start playing.
Remember that this game is a "play to earn" game. It is free but in order to earn real assets such as cards and token you would have to invest in a starter deck or purchase game cards.
Join the Discord Server of Splinterlands to know more about the latest updates about the game and interact with fellow players.
Welcome to my little portion in the blog. I’m just a casual player of different games and I've been playing since August of 2021. I mostly post my gaming experience in Splinterlands and someday will share other games that I’ve been playing.
If you like my content, your upvotes, leaving a comment and sharing my blog post is much appreciated. I would love if you could delegate or send me gifts in my Hive gaming account: @emanginasal. Follow me to be updated in my latest posts about my experiences in the game and others.
Icon art is made by Tidbits Choi