SHARE YOUR BATTLE Weekly Challenge! DRAGONS!
Now before getting into the stats discussion of the Monster, let's have a sneak peek into its LORE
- Having in mind that it is a Legendary Monster, it is expected for it to start with at least 2 special abilities and it actually does if we count Flying as one, and I think it does deserve to be counted as such, and the second one is the one it is more well-known for, namely - Scattershot (this monster's attacks hit a random enemy target). Its mana cost is 14!, and the stats it starts off with are 3 Magic Attack, 3 Speed, 4 Armor, 10 Health
- At level 2 its stats do not change, however, it gains its third ability - Blast (does additional damage to Monsters adjacent to the target Monster). Blast is another ability which could be gamechanger if RNG is on the side of the "Dragon rider".
- At level 3 it gains her 4th and final ability - Blind (all enemy Melee & Ranged attacks have an increased chance of missing their target). Blind, I feel, is often underestimated but it is actually a pretty good ability as well.
- Finally maxed out at level 4 the Monster has 4 Magic Attack, 3 Speed, 4 Armor and 10 Health. Together with the 4 aforementioned abilities it has now become clear why it costs a ton of mana.
Now that we know what the card does (or doesn't do) at the different levels of play, let us have a look at the battle I have chosen to showcase.
- The line-up of the Battle and the Ruleset:
It is time for a quick round by round analysis:
- So the Summoner I am going with for this battle my very own Quix. I have him at level 3 so he's not a hard pick for my gold-level battles. My enemy is rocking a level 3 Kitty so I am at a disadvantage already because, as we well know, Kitty is currently considered the best Summoner in Modern (and not only). This is a battle from the most recent Brawl my guild fought in, so the outcome actually does matter. My opponent has chosen an interesting line-up with Couerl Lurker as a Main Tank and Agor Longtail as an off-tank. Let's see how good this strategy is.
- After 1 round my Cursed Wendiku has taken a bit of a beating but the enemy Couerl Lurker has actually been vaporized. That's a bit surprising but then again I am debuffing the enemy team with -1 Speed from my Quix, and Lira is also providing a +1 Speed buff to my own team which counteracts the enemy Lira, so I have better chances to hit stuff based on Speed values. Our protagonist - the Chaos Dragon actually had a lucky scattershot and hit directly the enemy Larissa Kerato, so it was dealt with before it could act.
- At the start of Round 3 you can see that I have expectedly lost my Cursed Wendiku, while the enemy has lost their Soul Strangler, again to our friend - the Chaos Dragon. The enemy Agor Longtail seems rather tired of life as well and will probably soon give up, even though it does have self-heal + heal coming in from the Kitty.
- Round 4 is here and the winner is more than obvious. All that is left for me is to finish off the enemy Silent Sha'Vi and Lira.
- I was curious to check what the supposed win % for this battle was according to Splintertools and it seems my chances were just 18%. It definitely did not look this way on the battlefield.
The Chaos Dragon is a great card for the Dragon Splinter. It can single-handedly change the course of a battle by landing a well-aimed Scatter-Shot garnered with Blast. It is usually a must-play in high-mana battles if the Dragon Splinter is your Splinter of choice. Its current price of $3.79 per BCX is the lowest I have seen it being sold for so it is definitely a good buy. Yes, of course, you can wait "forever" and it might get even cheaper but waiting and waiting does not allow you to actually enjoy playing it sooner rather than later so if you are looking for a new Monster to buy, the Chaos Dragon should definitely be on top of the list.
Over and Out,
The rewards earned on this comment will go directly to the people( @ghostlybg ) sharing the post on Twitter as long as they are registered with @poshtoken. Sign up at https://hiveposh.com.
Thanks for sharing! - Underlock#8573