Recommendations on Land Survey Proposal for burning DEC
Voting for SPS Governance Proposal to Boost Land Survey Chances By Burning DEC/DEC-B is going to close in next 9 hours. Votes are really close. Proposal seems to be rejected based on current votes. The purpose of this post is to propose possible changes that can be drafted to a new proposal to put on vote.
Reasons Why Proposal Didn't Pass (I voted No)
- High Cost - 10,000 DEC (~7$) at current prices seems to be a high cost for most of users especially if they are holding a lot of plots without knowing what's the future value of spending.
- Guarantied Chances for Tract/Region Owners - One of the reason I went against proposal us thar it is doubling the guarantee drop for tract and region owners, but plot owners spending same amount of DEC per plot only get doubling chances.
- Reduce the cost of land potions to 5,000 DEC per plot. It's a 50% reduction which will enable more players especially minnows to take part burning DEC and survey land with potions.
- Instead if Doubling the Guarantee amount per tract or region, Keep the Guarantied amount but double the chances to find magical and occupied lands. This gives Equal chance to everyone and have a better distribution of rare lands. Also, whales are happy as they are already getting a guarantied if they survey the whole tract or region.
- Split the Potion to two different potions one for magical land and other for occupied land. Cost of each potion could be ranging from 2000 to 3500 DEC. For example: Magical Potion Costs 2400 DEC & Occupied Land Potion costs 3200 DEC. (Random Prices)
- Potions still double the chances for drops but do not increase guarantied number. Also, only one of each potion can be used per plot ( One Magical and One Occupied, like packs).
- Split the Potion to two different potions one for magical land and other for occupied land. Cost of each potion could be ranging from 2000 to 3500 DEC. For example: Magical Potion Costs 2400 DEC & Occupied Land Potion costs 3200 DEC. (Random Prices) - Same as Solution 2
- Potions still double the chances for drops but do not increase guarantied number. Max 3 (could be any number, 3 for example is just arbitrary. Let's call it an "n") of each potions can be used per plot. Cost for using multiple potions increase exponential by a factor as follows:
2^(n-0.5), for n > 1 for each potion.
For example, If someone want to use 2 magical potions per plot. First potion would cost 2400 DEC, 2nd potion would cost (2400*2^(2-0.5)) = 6788.225 DEC. So total cost for 2 potions would be 2400 + 6788.225 = 9188.225 DEC. Same factor can be applied for occupied potions.
This is a complex solution but works for people who want to burn more dec but want better land. This way whales can spend more to get better value vs minnows can also take their chances.
This is open for discussion for community and if enough people are agreed on a solution we can push a formal proposal. Also, tagging @yabapmatt @byzantinist and @weirdbeard for their insights. Looking forward for the community discussion.