Share Your Battle - CORNEALUS
Welcome to my post. Thank you for stopping by. On this occasion, I would like to share one of my favorite battles using CORNEALUS. It is a Monster of Neutral splinter from Untamed edition.
Let's go through the detail first of this Monster.
Restores a portion of the Monster's Health each round.
When hit with a Melee attack, does damage back to the attacker.
When hit with a Ranged attack, Monsters with Return Fire will return reduced damage back to their attacker.
When hit with Magic damage, does reduced Magic damage back to the attacker.
- Target Practice
All Ranged and Magic attack Monsters have the Snipe ability.
Ranged attack may be used in the first position in battles.
Water, Life, Death, & Dragon
Considering Target Practice and Close Range rulesets, Ranged attack Monsters are the most suitable. I choose General Sloan as the Summoner to boost the Ranged damage. Cornealus, Lensmaster, and Pelacor Arbalest are my choice of the Ranged attack Monsters. They are quite popular nowadays especially Cornealus because of its heal ability.
Low mana tank with quite a lot of Armor and Health. He is the best choice if we want to save mana for other Monsters although he doesn't have any ability and low attack. It doesn't matter because I need him to withstand attacks only.
The 0 mana Monster as the second tank to withstand the enemy attack.
I purposely put him in the third position as the enemy's Ranged and Magic attack Monsters will target and attack him first due to the Target Practice ruleset. He will cover the backline Monster from the attack. Luckily, he has a lot of Health and heal ability so won't be easy to get knocked out by the attacks.
Attack the enemy Monster in the first position with Ranged damage. As the low mana Monster, he has quite high Speed and is suitable as the filler Monster or for the low mana battle.
He has a Double Strike ability which makes him could do twice an attack per round. So if successfully hit the enemy Monsters then he will deal 6 damage to them.
- The enemy used the Water splinter with lineups as follows:
- Round 1 started with buff and debuff process by both team as follows :
Summary of round 1 :
- Both teams exchange attacks in the first position.
- Poseidon's attack managed to hit Cornealus and create a blast effect on the nearby Monster. Soul Fiend and Lensmaster are knocked out by the blast effect.
- Cornealus' attack hits Poseidon but he also takes damage due to Poseidon's Return Fire ability.
- Similar thing happened to Pelacor Arbalest and he was knocked out after two times receiving the damage from the Poseidon's Return Fire ability.
- Blinding Reflector tried to attack Frost Giant but couldn't give any damage due to Frost Giant's Shield ability.
- Frost Giant tried to attack Blinding Reflector as well but missed.
Summary of round 2 :
- Poseidon's attack managed to hit Cornealus and create a blast effect and destroy Blinding Reflector's 2 Armor.
- Cornealus tried to attack Poseidon but missed.
- Frost Giant's attack managed to hit Blinding Reflector this time and destroy the rest of his Armor.
Summary of round 3 :
- Poseidon's attack managed to hit Cornealus and create a blast effect and reduce Blinding Reflector's Health.
- Cornealus's attack managed to hit Poseidon this time but Cornealus also receive damage due to Poseidon's Return Fire ability.
Summary of round 4 :
- Cornealus keeps healing himself each round and restores 4 Health. Finally, he managed to knock out Poseidon.
- Unfortunately, Frost Giant managed to knock out Blind Reflector as well.
Summary of round 5 :
- One-on-one fights take place in this round until round 10.
- Cornealus managed to evade some attacks from Frost Giant but he also received damage due to Frost Giant's Return Fire ability.
- Finally, he managed to knock out Frost Giant after the long fight.
Summary of round 11 :
- The one-on-one fight again occurred in this round but was short-lived. Of course, the Cornealus is the winner of the fight.
DID MY STRATEGY WORK?
- Yes, my strategy works effectively. I didn't expect the enemy will Lir Deepswimmer as the Summoner and Poseidon. He used a counter strategy for Ranged attack Monsters.
- Luckily, I have Cornealus on my team. He keeps healing himself each round. He also managed to evade attacks from Frost Giant which is a critical point in the battle. If he fails then he will knock out by Frost Giant.
- Cornelius is a good monster plus he comes from Neutral splinter so he can be used in any battle with other splinters except for the Taking Side ruleset.
- He is suitable for high mana battle and rulesets namely Target Practice, Close Range, Noxious Fumes, etc.
- He has 3 abilities that can do damage back to the attacker. Awesome!
- Actually, this is my first time using him in my team and I was really impressed.
- The current selling price is $100 per BCX while the rental price is very volatile nowadays as many people have started using it since the new reward system.
If you haven't signup for this cool play-to-earn game then please use my referral in this LINK.
Carrieallen for the tutorial formatting
Flauwy for the DEC horizontal divider
Rqr4 for the Chaos horizontal divider