On Buying Gold Foil Legendaries...
I must say I'm very happy with the way the GFL prices have held up in splinterlands as I've bought a few over the past couple of weeks....
Trust me, not all of the above were dropped due to potions, the chances of getting a GLF are so slim that agroeed mooted that IF there is ever going to be a future guaranteed drop rate then it'll be for something like every 3000 packs purchased, yes that's one for every $12000 you spend at current prices.
So when I see even these Chaos GLFs at around $100 I'm in a buying mood.
I didn't go too mad recently.
- 4 GFL GRUMS at around $180-190 - I saw bloodlust and thought this is unique, note how the price has stayed up
- 4 Quixs for around $230 - that's come down a bit, but come on it's the summoner!
- 2 Legionnaire Albas, one for $90 with bids
- 1 Zul Vylo or whatever he's called, also $90.
- A couple of fiends to bring me up to 4 total, I figure I can swap for four of the same if I need to max.
- The Harklaws I bought a while back, can't remember how much I paid, that was a mistake prices are coming down!
My drops were...
- 1 ALBA
- 2 Queen Mycelias (lucky I know)
- 1 Water airdrop gold dude
- 2 fiends
- 1 Chaos Dragon.
So that was 7 GLFs in around 2400 packs, is that lucky I don't even know...?
What I do know is that Each GFL cost me around $1200, or one card in every 300 packs, and given that GLFs are the rarest thing in the game, I think it's worth spending around 10% of that spend on one card.....
I mean just doing the rough math... if I spent another $200 on legendaries, another $100 on summoners I'd end up with, for $400....
- 1 GLF
- 10 decent legendaries
- 30 summoners
And then have $800 left to spend on Epics/ rares/ commons or whatever else....
Defo worth $100 a pop these GLFs, compared to buying packs.
So I've basically bought twice as many GLFs as I've got dropped, which is the equivalent of having bought another 5000 Chaos Packs, which is roughly what I was planning to buy.
All I've got to do now is to buy the 'lesser cards' to accompany those GFLs, which I'll do over the coming months while the money I could have spent on packs is instead split accross various places earning me more money than the cards would have done.
NB I expect a polarisation in price - the GLFs and the better cards to go up, the crap to go down.
Hence why I'll be buying the good stuff first, mostly!