Splinterlands Challenge of the Week: Antoid Platoon
This week's Splinterlands Challenge of the Week was to showcase the Antoid Platoon from the Fire Splinter...
This is an excellent card with relatively low mana, 1 damage and decent shields and health, and although slow the shield ability from Level 1 makes it a useful tank in mid to low mana battles.
The battle below features a Level Antoid Platoon holding his own...
The Rule Set and Line Up
- Mana cap
- Standard Rules apply (Bronze League!)
Summoner - Plaedo for the buffs
- Antoid Platoon - with shield, a decent tank
- Scavo Hireling - to repair the platoon's shields
- Lord of Fire - For strengthen
- Tendyll Striker - an awesome sneak fire card.
- Mantoid - Awesome snipe card
- Scorch Fiend - a pretty useful 0 mana sneak soak.
Did my strategy work?
Beautifully, to see it in action click here!
- Round 1 - Sneak and Snipe go to work! I take out two of my opponent's cards, he takes out my Scorch Fiend. I'm up after this round for sure! Those shields on Antoid Platoon working well!
- Round 2 - I take out one more of my opponents cards while he struggles against the Platoon, which remains standing at the end of this round!
- Round 3 - It's all over - I take out his remaining two cards!
How important was The Antoid Platoon?
Well it stood up VERY well - it took quite a pounding, but in conjunction with repair the shield ability limited damage to 1 from any monster, even with the Thorns in play.
Of course lord of Fire with strengthen was handy, so many cards have low health at L1, and Plaedo with his plus one attack especially came in handy.
And my sneak snipe worked well, so the Platoon was only part of a team, not stand out!
Final Thoughts: Antoid Platoon worth buying?
Even with the range of excellent tanks available in the fire Splinter I'd say this monster is a crucial part of any Fire Deck, it's just such a useful tank in lower mana battles, thanks to the shield ability from the outset!
Definitely a buy for me, so I'm working on maxing out a gold one!
If you don't yet play Splinterlands, why not give it a go?
Anyone using my referral link will receive a free rare card!