Splinterlands Challenge of the Week: Magi Necrosi - Hiding for the win!
This week's Splinterlands Challenge of the Week was to showcase the most excellent Magi Necrosi of the Death Splinter.
This is one of the best Death splinter cards, and you get a lot for your six mana at level one - two damage, high speed, OK health and snipe and camouflage!
The battle below features a Level 1 Necrosi in which his camouflage plays an essential role in the victory.
The Rule Set and Line Up
- Mana cap 20
- Standard Rules apply (Bronze League!)
Summoner - Rotwell for reflect!
- Lord Aranthus - yer standard mid mana tank
- Corpse fiend - 0 mana tank 2
- Chicken - snipe and opportunity soak
- Magi Necrosi - The feature card and snipe attack 1
- Twisted Jester - Snipe attack 2
- Archer - chance to afflict and sneak soak.
Did my strategy work?
Beautifully, to see it in action click here!
- Round 1 - CARNAGE! My chicken gets sniped straight off the bat, but takes out my opponent's death elemental (fair trade IMO!), then my jester snipes his life sapper. I also lose my archer to snipe. Yowser!
- Rounds 2 and 3 - calmer! We trade blows for no losses!
- Round 4 - My jester finishes off the Windeku but then I lose him to snipe (again I think I'm better off here!)
- Round 5 - CRUCIALLY I now lose Scorch fiend to sneak because of the Necrosi's camouflage
- Round 6 - Necrosi obliges surviving by taking out the carrion Shade
- Rounds 7 and 8 - repeats with two of my opponent's 1 damage melee monsters not harming Lord A thanks to shield and Necrosi polishing hem both off as they only each have one health!
How important was The Necrosi?
He played a central role with his camouflage allowing a sneak attack to take out the Corpse Fiend meaning he kept himself alive long enough to take out my opponent's final two cards, rather than it ending up in a stalemate!
However the reflect and the Jester also played a role, but the Necrosi certainly did his bit!
Final Thoughts: Magi Necrosi - worth buying?
He's a MUST HAVE in any death line up at level one, as you get a lot for your mana, and I think the battle above really shows him off in his total element!
He's maybe not as useful at max level, more of an interesting card.... very good damage and speed and OK health but he only picks up oppress and stun which are not universally beneficial!
If you don't yet play Splinterlands, why not give it a go?
Anyone using my referral link will receive a free rare card!
Congratulations @revisesociology! You have completed the following achievement on the Hive blockchain And have been rewarded with New badge(s)
Your next target is to reach 18000 comments.
You can view your badges on your board and compare yourself to others in the Ranking
If you no longer want to receive notifications, reply to this comment with the word
Check out our last posts:
Do you know you can win a Chaos Legion pack just by following some simple steps ?? Check out our Latest Daily Showcase and Participate our latest Giveaway. Thanks
Thanks for sharing! - @mango-juice