Runi Whitelist Announcement!
We wanted to give a quick update about the Runi whitelist sale that's scheduled to start tomorrow. Please note that users will need to connect their ETH wallet to Splinterlands in order to participate in the whitelisting process. A how-to guide is outlined below.
While there will only be 6,500 Runi in total that will be available to be minted when the mint goes live at the end of October, we have a lot of flexibility around how the whitelist spots are given out and we want to be clear that the whitelist spots are given out completely at the discretion of the Splinterlands company.
We want to be clear that we do not condone players circumventing the limitations we put in place around whitelist spot purchases, for example using multiple different game accounts and/or Ethereum wallets along with automated scripts to attempt to purchase large amounts of whitelist spots before other players get a chance to participate. Our goal is that everyone who is ready when the sale goes live will be able to get a whitelist spot, but if that doesn't happen for whatever reason we reserve the right to take away whitelist spots from anyone found circumventing or taking advantage of the system (with a refund of any VOUCHER tokens spent of course) and reallocate those spots in any way we see fit.
Additionally, while we have planned to create 2000 whitelist spots for the guaranteed mint and 50% discount for our community which will be for sale tomorrow, we may also create more of those whitelist spots to give out or sell to our community after the initial sale at our discretion.
As mentioned above, our goal is that everyone who is ready when the sale goes live and makes a reasonable effort to participate quickly will be able to get a whitelist spot, but ultimately the awarding of whitelist spots is completely at our discretion and we will do what is needed to ensure that happens.
Getting Set Up For The Whitelist:
In order to participate in the whitelisting process on Sep 22, 2022 at 11am PT / 2pm ET / 6pm UTC, users will need to link their ETH wallet to Splinterlands. A guide can be found below on how to set up an ETH wallet, as well as connect it to Splinterlands.
1. How do I set up an ETH wallet for the Runi whitelist?
While there are many different ETH wallets for you to choose from, you can follow the link below for setting up a Metamask wallet. Metamask is one of the most popular options and comes as a browser extension. In addition to the guide below, there are many other guides available if you google search setting up a Metamask wallet.
*Please note that Metamask is a “hot wallet”. If security is a concern, it is best to use a hardware wallet like Ledger or Trezor.
Other helpful links:
2. Do I need to have funds in my ETH wallet for the whitelist?
- You do not need to have any funds in your ETH wallet for the whitelist process. You will only need to sign a transaction verifying that you own the connected wallet.
3. How do I connect my wallet to the sale page?
- Make sure that you are signed into the HIVE account you intend to use to purchase your Runi Whitelist spot.
- Navigate to the Runi shop page.
- On the top-right corner of the Runi countdown page, you will see a button to connect your ETH Wallet as seen below.
- Click the “Connect Wallet” button. This will send a “Signature Request” to your ETH wallet to validate you own the connected wallet.
- Verify that you have selected the ETH wallet that you intend to mint from. If the address is correct, simply click the “Sign” button to validate the connected wallet.
- The button in the top right corner should now show your validated & connected ETH address.
4. I accidentally linked my ETH wallet to the wrong Hive account. Can I undo this?
- Up until the time of the whitelist sale, you will have the ability to unlink from your hive account. To do this, please click the dropdown arrow and select “unlink”. After the whitelist sale begins, your ETH wallet will be associated with the Hive account it is connected to and cannot be unlinked.
5. Are whitelist spots transferable?
- Whitelist spots are non-transferable. Please ensure you are purchasing with the ETH wallet you intend to mint from.
6. What happens if I don’t use my whitelist spot come mint time?
- All whitelist holders will have approximately 7 days (exact time TBD) to mint your Runi. If your Runi goes unminted during this time, the whitelist spot will be released and the Runi will become available to the general sale. No voucher refunds will be given.
Stay tuned for more updates from the Splinterlands!
NOTE: All rewards from this post will be burned.