Splinterlands Town Hall Summary - December 17th, 2021 - 9AM Eastern!
Town Hall Summary
- Aggroed (Co-Founder)
- Yabapmatt (Chief Product Officer)
- Hardpoint (Chief Technology Officer)
- Kbux (VP of Engineering)
- Homesteadhacker (Community Moderator Lead)
- Chatter (Director Of Growth)
- Nateaguila (Creative Director)
- Main Topics:
- Marketing Updates 💥
- Eye Candy 👀
- Q&A ⚡️
- 00:00 - Intro
- 1:05 - Splinterlands Tech Team Role Changes (Matt)
- 11:20 - Hardpoint Intro/Update (Dev)
- 17:23 - Kbux (Kevin) Intro/Update (Dev)
- 26:50 - Homesteadhacker Intro/Update (Community)
- 31:15 - Chatter Intro/Update (Marketing)
- 40:15 - Nateaguila Intro/Update (Creative)
- 59:30 - Q&A
- 1:56:35 - Closing Remarks
💥 Company Updates 💥
- Will be short dev release planned for Monday
- Includes a bunch of minor adjustments/enhancements
- Some are based on community feedback
- Dev team wants to push out these enhancement at least once or twice a week
- Keep submitting your feedback and vote on the changes you want: Feedback Form
- Big focuses are Modern/Wild format, SPS Validators, & Chaos Legion general sale
- Team is looking at new exchanges and ad platforms
- Working with CoinMarketCap for new organic branding exposure
- CMC is running a new alpha for listing/advertising new platforms on their site
- Splinterlands was handpicked by CMC to engage in this alpha
- Alpha consists of two sections: Twitter feed & longform articles
- Alpha testing is scheduled for Tuesday, December 21st
- Planning for Splinterfest has officially begun underway
- Likely to be in Q2/Q3
- A lot of partnerships are in the works
- A-list rapper partnership incoming? 👀
- Working with ZenSports for new tournaments/ESports league
- Year long tournament with monthly qualifiers and tournaments
- $5-10k prizes every month
- Monthly tournament results will determine who gets in the end of year big tournament
- Year long tournament with monthly qualifiers and tournaments
- Creative team is still looking to hire a bunch and add more positions to Breezy
- Narrative Editor
- Concept Artists
- 2D Artist
- Visual Designer
- 2D Animators
- 2D VFX
- Team's biggest goal is to pull players into the game and lore
- Don't want Splinterlands to be just a card game
- Want every player to be a Battlemage fighting for a goal
- Land expansion will play a big part in involving player's decisions
- New tale from the Tome of Chaos - Check out Recent Updates section!
General Team Updates:
- There are just over 70 Splinterlands team members now!
- Team is still hiring specific positions - Check open positions on Breezy.Hr
- Homesteadhacker is being transitioned from Community Moderator Lead on Discord, to a new Product Team design
- Team will be hiring a new Community Moderator Lead
- Community Song Contest - Link Here
⚡️ AMA Summary ⚡️
- Tech specs for SPS Validators are TBD, but team will try to make them as minimal as possible
- Official post should be incoming soon
- Goal for SPS was to help drive Splinterlands to be a player-owned/ran game
- Mostly everything the team does going forward will incorporate SPS
- Team's goal is to provide as much value to SPS and SPS holders
- SPS rewards for Liquidity Pools already technically exist
- PancakeSwap, SushiSwap, etc...
- These platforms reward those who put in the pool with SPS and the third-party token
- Provides liquidity but also adds to marketing
- Team would like to update their roadmap and SPS roadmap as soon as Q1 2022
- Still a lot of moving pieces internally within the team
- Reminder, roadmaps are estimated dates and not confirmed dates
- Purchases of credits with DEC, SPS, or other tokens are company income
- Need to keep game running and pay the team
- Team doesn't sell DEC or SPS and just stockpiles them currently
- Only time they will sell is when they setup Liquidity Pools
- Overall, team never wants to put sell pressure on the market for DEC & SPS
- Future plans consist of introducing more skins and profile avatars for more DEC burns
- Team can't show the winnings per league as it is constantly changing and based on too many variables
- Variable Examples: DEC market price, # of players/battles, cards you use, etc..
- Could provide more information on this publically to explain how this works
- Team wants to continue to drive value through DEC to motivate players to continue to earn DEC through playing the game and buying cards
- Team would like to build a tool to help provide all the necessary information for tax purposes
- No ETA currently
- Currently, this is the responsibility of each player
- But team does want to help players make this job easier
- May reduce the Collection Power for the Modern format
- May have one ECR pool that goes across both formats
- Will incentivize players to choose which format they should focus on instead of both
- You can play both, but may earn more from just playing one
- Both formats may have separate reward pools
- Daily quest will be the same and can be completed in either format
- Season rewards are still TBD
- Leaderboards may be separate with separate rewards
Chaos Legion 2nd + 3rd Airdrops:
- Both the 2nd and 3rd airdrop will drop at the end of the current sale phase
- So if you bought CL packs in the pre-sale and current phase, you will be eligible
- More information on the cards and droprates will be posted later
- May be Legendary cards
- Will probably start doing guaranteed Gold Foil drops as well
- Support site got a revamp: https://support.splinterlands.com/hc/en-us
- Includes new knowledge articles and guides for support issues
- Will have a live support agent in the future for real-time support help
🔥 EYE CANDY 🔥
Potential New Buy SPS Screen
Chatter's New Business Card - Concept Art
Tech Team Role Changes
- Yabapmatt is transitioning from CTO ==> CPO (Chief Product Officer)
- Hardpoint is taking over the CTO position
- Kbux is taking over the VP of Engineering position
- All three of these team members involvement and commitmment aren't being reduced, they are being put in roles that fit their skillsets more
New Tale From Tome Of Chaos
- These tales extend the story of how Chaos Legion affected Praetoria and the rest of the world
- Includes a video that reads the story for you
Past AMA Summaries
- Friday, December 10th, 2021
- Dev Updates 👀
- Creative Updates 💥
- Q&A ⚡️
- Friday, December 3rd, 2021
- Chaos Legion Launch (5 Days Away!) 👀
- Creative Updates - More Lore/Stories! 💥
- Land Expansion & SPS Validators ⚡️
- Friday, November 26th, 2021
- Chaos Legion Top 6 Pre-sale Buyers 👀
- Chaos Legion Public Sale Updates 💥
- Eye Candy ⚡️
Next AMA - Friday, December 24th, 9AM Eastern (1PM UTC)
The rewards earned on this comment will go directly to the person sharing the post on Twitter as long as they are registered with @poshtoken. Sign up at https://hiveposh.com.
I didn't watch the whole video, so forgive me if my question was addressed- What kind of incentives are there to stake SPS on tribaldex
You get Bee tokens for contributing to the SPS pool. But you need a lot invested. Staking DEC in the pools gives double the airdrop points.
That's currently the case?
Yes, you can check the reward in the pool on Bee or tribaldex
Shit loads of new tokens.
Good looking card Chatter. Chatter The Beardless had me laughing so hard. Great AMA thanks for the updates and new art. You guys rock.
If additional DEC is burned then that should increase the value right?
Depends its technically overvalued which is why I sold out at .01 .015 now buying as it approaches closer to the peg bec in Jan I bet it flys with new players. Same with SPS want to get to 100K eoy then 1000000 next year. Should get additional rewards due to my preferred stock to and giong to be active in SPT as well and stake all on liquidity pools or convert to SPS. I want to have 1 - 2 million by next year before the price goes above a few bucks which it likely will. Then I can take a mullion or two profit keep a million in and start again accumulating DAO tokens. Will also do approach new investments like I did splinter lands private seed round which I got in so I should make out really well I hope.
If the demand increases burn rate out paces issuance. Etc. I want to get kind of a macro program to track the flow of assets around splinterlands. May give me clues into a new cards thats going to pop up so I can buy a lot of it etc.
Wow taxes I have not even thought of taxes in relation to Splinterlands. I am not even remotely there yet but I plan to be eventually. I can't wait to explain to my account that I make X amount of dollars per day from a game I play lol
Yeah I think the bare minimum is to track what you invest into the game, and what you take out. Once we get something better to track every single battle win, rentals, market purchases, etc..., then a more fine detail tax amount can be created.
Depends do you treat this as a business? Lots of deductions for business owners much better off if they make the equivalent amount in cash. I have not needed to pay tax for 3 years due to good planning. Now since I am pretty much retired at least from a 9-5 I will be doing real estate 60% crypto 40% so I can offset all my taxes with accelerated depreciation and when I dies my kids deduct it over again from the FMV at death is in that the best rule lol Generations can deduct the same building which is why it is important to invest in it in my opinion - good tax benefits, leverage, stable cash flow, appreciation, cash of refinances. High IRR activities. I wonder if you can be a real estate professional owning digital land and property? Bet this has not come up yet. Or what if you made it so property decayed overtime and things like roofs etc need replacing which costs X and you say have whole apartment buildings where offices and apartments are feel like it should have a chance but they would fight hard.
No, I have not treated Hive like a proper business, no real reason, I just got into a training mode. What I have done is make an investment plan for the next year, and also schedule about 5 hours a day for Hive activities.
It is time for me to change my mindset about Hive from hobby to business. 👍
Some would be ordinary an some capital gains. Likely passive so if you have interests in apartment complexes all over the passive loses would net out leaving no taxes due. But the taxes will be a lot more complex bc you have the initial tokens, liquidity mining , air drop - sps , vouchers, each card etc. Every asset is taxed when you receive it as ordinary income I believe and when you sell it as a cap gain.
Sounds like the tokens are basically treated as a dividend-paying common stock.
Is not taxable as it was structured to be a gift not income.
Now we are into territory that is beyond my current level of proficiency.
It is great to get all of that passively. 👍
thank you for the update, this is interesting, staking sps will be more worthy in the future too
The SPS token has a bright future from everything I have seen since I invested in the Preferred Stock of Steemonsters Inc. basically meeting the founders and I liked what they were about so I went in which was a great choice financially as well as now I can show people how to make significant extra money with strategies I have learned. I sold my original cards I bought for 500 bucks for like 20-30K which I had just came back to the game after it blew up I saw it had a DAO which is the future of organizations. The workplace is broken and I think DAOs can fix many industries and offer much or efficiency. I have been loading up on SPS since I sold 2/3 of my initial allocation at .6 to .8 then bought back in now with 1/4 of the proceeds and am up to 41200 SPS will be at 100K SPS by the end of the week just need to set up a few 500 dollar bank bonuses to pay myself this month. I open bank accounts, credit cards and brokerage accounts each year to take advantage of the thousands of bonuses out there. Right now I am on track to make 70K a year before any deductions as this is considered self employment income to me. I will always either buy new equipment, a new car for my mobile staking and mining electric hummer the year I need to get rid of 100K in income. If you always purchase assets like real estate with your income and you can be over 50% in real estate meet the hour req etc you can deduct all tax losses against ordinary income meaning no taxes ever again just like trump as long as I borrow 50-80% the depreciation will cover the income defer tax until the end. I offset all of my staking and other passive activities considered ordinary with my passive real estate losses so as long as I keep investing Ill get cash flow with only FICSA on the mining income and no income tax ever. Also moved to a new part of town where it is counted as a opportunity zone there renovating many buildings I was thinking of doing one there is a old church where I would be able to get 20% for historical renovations 20% energy credit if I heat the building with mining equipment. QETC credit 20% of initial investment if held 10 years for NY residents, Start Up NY credits meaning no income tax for 10 years, property tax breaks, r and d tax credits, employment incentive credits. Also will meet the jobs req by working with people who have what some call disabilities for lack of a better word pay them X plus a performance bonus each season to play the game for me and that gives me a tax credit on there wages for a few years. Then I will expand the team so it becomes basically a guild focused on accumulating SPS and stable coin liquidity mining for stable leveraged yields of 20-30% which is used to buy more SPS. Goal is to have 5 million under my LLCs and partners control this coming year so we are making 2.5 million coming or so per year from staking to maximize that while its here. also 20 million DEC, have the person I hire also comment in SPT and Hive to earn there in between match's. They will get minimum wages plus 10% if they make 1000 for the season , 15 $1500, 20% 2000 10000 25% 30000 30% 50000 40% 100K plus 45% plus they will be paid out wages daily to there splinterlands accounts in SPS/DEC/Credits/SPT and Hive as well as 20% in cards. Plus if they perform making say 5000 plus consistently they will become a partner in the guild and help run the group who does the game playing and earning. Also looking to build something in Sandbox for Splinterlands live trading pits like the stock exchange but with avatars and cards. Also have a simple game beat the dealer where people bet Spinterlands Cards against the house or another plater in which case the other player gets 20% of the house edge. My ultimate goal is to do a City Wide Dao for my city. Air drop some to each person living here and then additional tokens are sold for .0001 each and initially the team will control every token but the air drop but once it is complete 50% of the teams tokens are donated to the ROCSPSPrivFDN which is a private foundation where were will create a staking and market making fund with income used for risky tokens etc as an endowment to keep DAO holders getting wealthier and hopefully can replace there jobs or let them retire early or just boost the Economy and I work with the city I bet I can get all those tax breaks probably save millions if its successful make sure I keep buying real estate so I don's pay income taxes as I would be getting say 500K in cash flow but taxable income can be negative meaning no tax. Best law had a client who owned mhps hasn't legally owed tax in 20f years and owns 150 parks lol. The power of real estate is crazy. Same with defi and digital currencies. My new asset allocation will be 1/3 inidividual stocks (biggest position 2000 shares of Ichan Enterprises LP) 100,000 then going to be adding the Voyager Pacific Opportunities Fund III 15% COC tax liens, land, SFRs, Will be investing in more play to earn games likely through say Panterra Capital or other fund now since they get in earlier anyway. Create a stream though my channel and blog documenting how I make a living on Spinterlands and various tax tips as well like how to not pay any. First is lose the w2 job if you can because once you stop selling your time for x money you just do things you like and for you not the owner bc you are the owner. Its easier when you saved up a few hundred K from working your ass off so now I can retire and do this full time at 32. By 40 I plan on only working 1-4 hours a week opening bank accounts investing all that each week and then going to the beach. Looking a places in the USVI now to rent and also do business down there like set up a splinterlands guild for Puerto Rico if my city works just replicate with DAOS all over. My management company will be paid management fees from the foundations set up for the admin work. I will retain 10-20% of all DAO tokens as a bonus and will have the liquidity pools so I put the most in and can keep recycling my rewards as long as possible. Basically the meta verse and its games are where I trade now more inefficient pricing and can really make money. If anyone wants me to show them how I do the bank accounts let me know as I get paid to so Id be happy to show ppl how to get an extra 5K lol.
One thing im very curious about in regards to SPS in the whitepaper PLAY TO EARN section,
3 major sps earning mechanisms for players arent fully implemented, how will this affect the minting schedule for these actions, will you speed up the average minting over the life of the play to earn payout since it hasnt been minting all these months? Same question regarding land earnings of SPS.
Do we have any estimates on when SPS for ranked battles will be introduced or sps rewards for guild brawls returned/introduced? Thanks!!
I'm 99% certain that the SPS rewards for ranked battles, brawls, and land will all just have their Month 0 start whenever they are released in game. Then the months will aggregate from there.
They won't mint more than the specified amount to make up for the delay, they will just push back the starting date basically. So overall, the SPS rewards will be staggered, and I'm sure we will get a new whitepaper that defines those dates when released.
Thanks for the perfect reply! I dont know why thats so important to me but I was curious, Thanks Brybro! !PIZZA
Bet it is when the general sale commences. Might go on a specific card buying spree and watch demand pop sell into it then keep the rest as profit in cards. Use the 2000 pack discount plus use a 5% discount debit card. 23% off so I can sell individually over time and hold the profits.
I am just trying to get SPS which will be the most important token and most valuable. I am seeing a 1-5 price in the next year or two.
60% to players
See the chart in the announcement. X reserved for the team tokens Preferred Stock which I got in on. X for players etc.
Nice SPS eye candy! I like your intro graphic very clean.
team has 70 members was it, impressive!!
Thanks for summary 😁
PIZZA Holders sent $PIZZA tips in this post's comments:
@forsakensushi(3/7) tipped @brybro27 (x1)
Please vote for pizza.witness!
Actually I may propose and build this. I know how to do it all as I do taxes and am a CPA. I do a lot of crypto and could likely create a page that pulls and summarizes transactions. Then would have you plug in a number if its transferred in but if not it would be used full to have it literally produce the form. I have thousands of transactions.
I really like the art work on the new air drop card. I look foward to watching the next AMA.