Splinterlands Town Hall Summary - January 21st, 2022 - 10AM Eastern!
Town Hall Summary
- Aggroed (Co-Founder)
- Yabapmatt (Chief Product Officer)
- Hardpoint (Chief Technology Officer)
- Chatter (Director of Growth)
- Nateaguila (Creative Director)
- Xembre (Executive Admin)
- Lilyfire (KYC Specialist)
- Chiclet (VP of Product Design)
- Soyboyroy (UI/UX Designer)
- Alfred (Graphic Designer)
- WeirdBeard (ESports Manager)
- Main Topics:
- New Team Member Introductions ⚡️
- Two More Chaos Legion Airdrops Reveals (Eye Candy) 👀
- AMA Summary 💥
- 01:45 - Intro
- 4:15 - Hardpoint Update (Dev)
- 9:20 - Yabapmatt Update (Dev)
- 14:00 - Chatter Update (Marketing)
- 15:10 - Nateaguila Update (Creative)
- 25:50 - Xembre Introduction
- 30:35 - Lilyfire Introduction
- 37:05 - Chiclet Introduction
- 47:30 - Soyboyroy Introduction
- 53:45 - Alfred Introduction
- 1:00:00 - WeirdBeard Introduction
- 1:11:50 - Q&A
- 1:53:15 - Closing Remarks
💥 Company Updates 💥
- Chaos Legion General Sale ultimately went well (See Recent Updates)
- The systems we thought would break, didn't break
- The systems that were overlooked did have a hard time
- Credit purchases were overloaded and were delayed
- Perfect room for improvement!
- Three additional airdrops were just released yesterday: Iza, Lira, & Grum
- Dev Roadmap:
- SPS Validators
- Modern/Wild Ranked Formats
- Land Expansion
- Quality of Life enhancements
- Support team received a large amount of tickets during the Chaos Legion General Sale
- Resolved majority of them during the first 24 hours!
- Team has a KYC specialist - Lilyfire!
- Common issues with KYC:
- Not filling in the same name as shown on the Government ID
- Quality of selfies - glares or shadows
- Common issues with KYC:
- Xembre has been helping communicate issues between Support and Dev team
- Cotinuing to build subdomains for Google, YouTube, Instagram, & Facebook Ads
- Received approval from Snapchat to advertise on their platform
- Just waiting for legal documentation to go through
- StackAdapt ads are live
- StackAdapt is a native advertising platform
- Just hired a new ESports Marketing Manager (WeirdBeard) & Graphic Designer (Alfred)
- Zipmex partnership launched
- Multiple conferences coming up for Aggroed and Chatter to attend
- Working with the Top 6 pre-sale buyers to design the Legendary Summoners
- Will make up six of the eight remaining airdrops
- Next two airdrops are designed and waiting for the stats (See Eye Candy)
- Will be a Neutral & Dragon Legendary Monsters
- Creative Roadmap:
- Designing Legendary Summoners
- Modern/Wild Format
- Land Expansion
- Team is still accepting submissions for SplinterBites
- If yours is chosen, you will have your game name featured with the SplinterBite
- Submit your SplinterBite here!
General Team Updates:
- KYC is absolutely necessary in order to prevent fraudulent purchases with PayPal
- PayPal is a great gateway for beginners to get immensed into "frictionless crypto"
- Team should be releasing new options for users to buy DEC & SPS directly with fiat
⚡️ AMA Summary ⚡️
Chaos Legion Airdrops:
- All airdrops were determined to be Legendaries
- Next two are already designed and can be seen in Eye Candy
- Then there will be the six Legendary designed summoners
- Legendaries are the hardest rarity to get so it is more of a reward for those who buy packs and receive these airdrops
- Team has been working on land economics and design decisions, but can't leak any just yet
- Totems will be able to mined/harvested from land
- Overall totems will be scarce and limited
- Next use-case will be for Riftwatchers
- Other use-cases would be for promotions that the team is in the works of spinning up
- "We want to see vouchers be integrated into everything we put out there" - Aggroed
- Tournaments will probably see a big revamp in the future
- WeirdBeard is going to enhance these in a huge way!
- If you want to leave feedback for how Tournaments are created and planned, throw it in the #tournament-planning Discord channel
- NFT's are receiving harsh criticism from the general population
- Splinterlands is targetting the percent of people who are open-minded and understanding the advtanges of NFT's and NFT gaming
- Splinterlands is going to be building upon their brand recognition to help go mainstream
- Not a huge priority, but everyone wants to see something happen with skins
- Needs to be a balance between fan art, animations, analyzing the battle field, etc..
- Want a seamless, stylized artwork throughout the game
- DYGYCON 7 is live - Jan 21-23, 2022!
- Free to Attend @ https://tinyurl.com/dygycon7
- Follow on Twitter for latest updates: https://twitter.com/dygycon
- Info @ https://dygycon.com/
- Blog @ https://www.splintertalk.io/@dygycon/
- Promo video:
✅ Crypto Community Fun
✅ Exclusive Talks and Events
✅ SWAG, Achievement NFTs, NFT Auction, and Scavenger Hunt
🔥 EYE CANDY 🔥
Yabapmatt's Business Card
Spirit Porter - Next Neutral Legendary Airdrop
Carnage Titan - Next Dragon Legendary Airdrop
Chaos Legion General Sale Stats & Airdrop Updates
- 2,109,682 packs sold
- 231,746 bonus packs awarded
- 27,249 separate purchase transactions
Iza The Fanged Lore Spotlight
- The Splinterlands team has released another amazing new lore video, spotlighting Iza the Fanged. Check it out!
Past AMA Summaries
- Friday, January 14th, 2022
- Chaos Legion General Sale 💥
- Next Chaos Legion Airdrops 👀
- More Team Member Introductions ⚡️
- Friday, January 7th, 2022
- Company Updates 💥
- Eye Candy 👀
- AMA Summary ⚡️
- Friday, December 31st, 2021
- 2021 Company Achievements 🎄
- Team's Year End Review ❄️
- AMA Summary ☃️
Next AMA - Friday, January 28th, 2PM Eastern (7PM UTC)
You guys are very clever with your gamification. I'm here to learn from the best.
~ Prince Rennyn
I love all this.
Continue this, that game can be a number one in all world
What about the results of the quiz on how many packs would sell in 24h?
Should be announced pretty soon! The team received thousands of submissions.
@01:17:15 Aggroed just crushed the dreams of the players who were hoping to have a phallus-themed guild logo 😆
Great town hall. Keeping players informed is awesome. Another reason why Splinterlands is successfdul.
May the "spells" be with you.
The rewards earned on this comment will go directly to the person sharing the post on Twitter as long as they are registered with @poshtoken. Sign up at https://hiveposh.com.
Nice job on the summary - people are missing the great vibe of the team if they don't watch these sessions. I always feel blessed the team is always striving to be ultra professional and the excitement within the group is notable. Great things are about to happen in The Splinterverse.
Well said Draygyn! It feels weird seeing a handful of people talk in the townhalls these days, compared to just a few months ago where it used to be only Aggroed and Matt mainly!
So at the moment, how many packs do u need to buy to get the next airdrop?
Can’t wait to see how the designs grow with new recruits
Congratulations @splinterlands! You have completed the following achievement on the Hive blockchain and have been rewarded with new badge(s):
Your next target is to reach 25000 replies.
You can view your badges on your board and compare yourself to others in the Ranking
If you no longer want to receive notifications, reply to this comment with the word
Check out the last post from @hivebuzz:
Support the HiveBuzz project. Vote for our proposal!
Is spirit porter kind of adorable? No? Just me lol
200000 more packs till next airdrop! Upgraded IZA is mean with Stun. Wish Lira didn't need so much manna. Thanks for the recap .