Giving 3Steps.Today a pivotal change in direction (and a much needed refresh in content)
Giving 3Steps.Today a pivotal change in direction!
The overarching strategy I am working on with my 3 Steps Today site is:
Deliver Great Content (Value) to Paid Members on How To Win by Taking 3 Steps Daily.
I broke that down into 3 parts:
- Great Content on How To win By Taking 3 Steps Daily - Discussed below.
- Gaining Members - Let's call them members because really it's a membership that matters. Subscribers read what you write. Members contribute. :) There's a lot to this part, but I have an existing funnel that works that I am modifying and working on. Then I increase the paid traffic and scale once I have this solid like I want it.
- Upgraded ie. PAID Memberships - This is the monetization portion. I need additional value and quality content in order to differentiate free vs. paid members. I've read up on membership site ownership and subscribe to CTP's Inner Circle where I listen to some rather large membership site owners. This is obviously the last part to add, since I will be working to provide value through the site consistently to build an audience before I think about monetization. I need to read more and research this thoroughly. I know it's a valid business model based on the success of others.
While I'm doing the research and planning, I can still create a great site with plenty of traffic before I get to this far along, giving me time to adjust my plan on this part based on the choices I make.
I broke out my whiteboard and began writing and drawing arrows until I had a better understanding of my plan and what to do.
Great Content - Help Wanted!
I don't want to write tripe. Good content takes effort.
Therefore good content takes time. Breaking this down even further, here are some of the items that would easily fit under content for 3 Steps.Today:
- Daily Reminder to members to actually DO the 3 Steps.
- Follow-along videos\livestream that shows me literally taking 3 steps on promoting my business. Teaching by demonstration is always a win.
- This is also a differentiator. Others may write about it, but doing the 3 steps myself adds validity to the actions (and generates content). Why tell others if I won't do it myself? That's some pretense right there. No thanks.
- "How To" posts on S.M.A.R.T. goal setting, time management, pomodoro, etc. - I have been using some of these items at work for a while and it's efficient.
- long-term Case Study using my dad jokes and my 10K subs on Facebook. - I can write a post once a week or so on how dadjokesnmemes.com is doing.
- Motivational encouragement to folks that are on my followers list, etc. - This is something that I enjoy. What better way to create content than to find a way to build up others.
Each one of those would be a valid stream of content and provide me with plenty of ideas.
Bank of topics ready to write? Check!
Re-doing 3 Steps Today means that I have a good deal of existing content I can now use because it's more general and not specifically about the 3 main tools themselves. I can save those for backend parts of my funnel.
Keep it simple.
But before I run off wildly, I still need to break many steps down, and calculate cost. Things like:
- Create content templates\signatures written,
- Narrow my focus severely and come up with ONE direction among the content ideas, etc.
- Start editing the pile of articles and hone them into my #PlanActEval formula.
- Schedule time in the morning early before my day job to get my daily tasks done.
- Prioritizing my content towards my new end goal.
That's it for now. I'll continue to post my progress on the facelift. :)
Peace and Love,
P.S. Don't consider my posts financial advice. Do your own research. I write for entertainment.