The Great GALA Gala — An Epic Battle in the Splinterlands
In one of their first joint offerings since the recent partnership of the two companies, Gala Games and Splinterlands are preparing to host a Splinterlands tournament of epic proportions. On December 31st, the Great Gala Gala tournament will take place in two portions, each with high-value NFT prizes provided by Gala Games. The entire tournament will be streamed LIVE on the THETA Network. Tournament viewers on THETA will automatically share their upload bandwidth as they watch and earn $TFUEL, or Theta Fuel, which can be used to redeem subscriptions and donations to streamers.
Since May 2018 when Splinterlands began, they have continually led the pack in blockchain games in both daily market activity and daily active players. With a strong mission of Playing-to-Earn and giving asset ownership back to the players, Splinterlands has built an incredible community of loyal players, collectors, and investors.
Started in early 2020, Gala Games was founded with a strikingly similar Play-to-Earn vision by some of the same names that brought the world smash hits like Farmville, Zynga, and Words with Friends. When the two companies inevitably connected, a spark went out to the furthest reaches of the universe, a spark that promises to give power back to the players once and for all.
“We are happy to have Splinterlands as part of the Gala Games Ecosystem, and a place where players can use their $GALA to create a better playing experience. We are building an ecosystem engineered for millions of users, and we know that Splinterlands is going to be an important part of their Gala Experience.” Jason Brink, CMO of Gala Games
The Gala Gala Tournament will be hosted live by members of the Splinterlands team and streamed on multiple platforms with special guest influencers from the blockchain and gaming communities. There will be prizes for spectators and minigames provided by Splinterlands, and the winners of each of the two tournament events will then battle it out for the title of Ultimate Gala Battle Champion at a later date.
“This is the beginning of a new world of Play-to-Earn gaming tournaments,” says Carrie Allen, Splinterlands Marketing Director. “Welcome to blockchain, Esports. We think you’ll love it here.”
This Great Gala Gala promises to be one of the most exciting and highly publicized tournaments Splinterlands has ever seen, and it will only be the first in what both Splinterlands and Gala Games hope will be a long and prosperous partnership.
The 2 events will take place on December 31st at 5 am UTC and 8 pm UTC. Check Google for local time zones. Details and requirements for entry into the tournament can be found below.
TO REGISTER -
On GALA.GAMES: If you don’t already have one, create an account at gala.games.
On Challonge: Set up your Free Challonge account. You can easily change your username to match your Splinterlands account name. GO TO REGISTRATION for the event. REGISTER FOR FREE.
You will be required to enter your WINS in the bracket. No cheating. This is easily confirmed.
Capture Form: Please fill out this Google Capture Form: https://forms.gle/suQfuBCnMtiCoEUXA
After registering, join the GALA Discord Server.
We’ll be coordinating matches in the #splinterlands channel #the-great-gala-gala, assisting and giving away mini prizes (NFTs) to spectators and players. Message CarrieAllen#9415 with questions. YOU MUST BE PRESENT IN THIS DISCORD CHANNEL TO PARTICIPATE.
-You have a Splinterlands account. You CAN enter this tournament without upgrading to a Summoner’s Spellbook ($10, one-time fhttps://splinterlands.com?ref=bitbenderee), but until you do, you will not be able to create a custom name or earn rewards for playing Splinterlands. To open a FREE account you only need an email.
-Your Splinterlands name AND your Discord name match. You can easily change your ‘nickname’ in Discord by right-clicking and choosing ‘Change Nickname’.
One entry PER PERSON. If found using multiple accounts you will be disqualified and banned from future tournaments.
Splinterlands & Gala Team Members will not be eligible to participate.
No botting. Humans must manually enter their teams.
CHECK-IN IS REQUIRED. Check-in opens 30 minutes prior to start.
- Best of 3 Matches, Finals will be Best of 5.
- SINGLE Elimination Bracket.
- Capped at 256 Players.
- Level Limit set to BRONZE.
- When the first match begins: The top person in your bracket cell is the CHALLENGER. They will send a challenge to the 2nd (bottom) person in-game.
How to Play:
- On the BATTLE PAGE click the arrow on RANKED until you find CHALLENGE.
- Then INVITE.
- Enter your opponent’s name.
- Set LEVEL LIMIT to BRONZE.
- Allowed Cards to ALL CARDS.
- No Wager.
The default time limit is 9 minutes. DO NOT wait until the end of the time limit to accept and play your match. If noticed you will be disqualified.
If your opponent does not send a CHALLENGE after 5 minutes, DM carrieallen#9415 and they will be disqualified. She will announce in DISCORD the cutoff for those waiting.
After 3 matches the WINNER must enter their win in the bracket. If accidentally entered incorrectly simply DM carrieallen#9415 and it will be fixed.
🏆 $1500+ PRIZE POOL — In Gala Goodies!
1st: An Outpost Deed for Mirandus
2nd: A Homestead Deed for Mirandus
3rd: A CraneBot for Town Star
4th: A CraneBot for Town Star
5th-8th: 10,000 GALA
9th-16th: 5,000 GALA
🤑Added Bonuses! — Splinterlands Goodies!
The Splinterlands Team will also be providing prizes for those in chat either spectating or participating. Get knocked out early? Stick around and win something anyway!
What is Splinterlands?
- Splinterlands is a collectible trading card game built on a blockchain that enables players to play anytime, trade anywhere, and earn every win. It is a community-built, player-funded powerhouse that continues every day and with each update to lead the pack in non-fungible tokens, blockchain gaming, and changing what it means to be a collectible.
Watch their trailer video and if you’re new to the game check out their video tutorials. Collect. Battle. Trade. Earn. Splinterlands.
What is GALA Games?
- Gala Games is working to decentralize the billions of dollars spent annually in the gaming industry by giving players true ownership of their in-game assets. With a “game first” mentality, they believe that blockchain is going to be an integral part of the game technology stack going forwards, but that it needs to be made more accessible for users of all types. Founded by Eric Schiermeyer, the co-founder of Zynga, Gala Games is gearing up for mass adoption in Town Star and future games.
About Theta Labs, Inc -
- Theta Labs, Inc. pioneered the next-generation esports entertainment platform, THETA.tv, and Theta Network, the leading video delivery network powered by blockchain technology. Theta rewards anyone to restream video and enables existing video platforms to deepen viewer engagement, drive incremental revenues, and reduce existing content delivery network (CDN) costs. Theta network enables users to earn rewards by relaying video on a peer-to-peer basis, utilizing excess bandwidth on any PC, mobile, Smart TV or IoT device.