With the all the upcoming changes to Splinterlands, the price of DEC has been increasing a lot lately. I wanted to put together a post to see how much DEC can I purchase with 4 Hive each on hive-engine.com and monstermarket.io.
Experiment 1 - hive-engine.com
When depositing Hive into hive-engine.com, there is a 1% fee on deposits and withdrawals and therefore I will be depositing 4.04 Hive to cover this fee.
The current price for 1 DEC on hive-engine.com is $0.00077 or 0.005023 Hive. I placed a buy order for 796 DEC which was successfully filled:
Experiment 2 - monstermarket.io
Purchasing DEC with 4 Hive translates to 756 DEC on the credits page on monstermarket.io:
The slippage is attributed to a bigger fee that monstermarket.io takes (3% processing fee). I did end up receiving more DEC than the quoted amount above:
Purchasing from monstermarket.io is convenient and simple to use, but this ease of use and convenience comes at an additional cost. In running this experiment I confirmed my suspicions that buying via hive-engine.com resulted in me receiving 24 DEC extra or close to 3% extra. Its not much, but I guess at bigger numbers and volumes these would have significant impact. What do you think? How else are you purchasing DEC for the upcoming land sales in Splinterlands?
If you enjoy reading my Splinterlands content, please support me by signing up to playing Splinterlands through my affiliate link: https://splinterlands.com?ref=mercurial9.
- 7 reasons why you should be playing Splinterlands
- Comprehensive guide for new players to Splinterlands
- The biggest mistake all new players should avoid
- Best time to buy and sell Splinterlands cards
- Starter deck for the Fire Splinter
- Starter deck for the Water Splinter
- Starter deck for the Earth Splinter
- Starter deck for the Death Splinter
- Starter deck for the Life Splinter
- Starter deck for the Neutral Splinter
Thank you for reading and hope you have a good rest of the day!
I also post my content on the following platforms: