My Soublound Collection after two full Seasons
it's been a month (two seasons) since soulbound reward cards went live. In this post I want to take a look at the impact of the cards, how they eventually shaped the meta and show you, what my collection looks like after two full seasons. For reference I play in gold and reached the leaderboards 3 times out of the last 4 seasons. Without much further ado lets get into it.
My Soulbound Collection
Like I said I play in gold and reach gold 1 fairly fast every new season. On average I make 10 daily chests and around 70 season chests. I have enough potions for all the chests, to increase the chance for a goldfoil, epic or legendary card.
And this is what I've gotten after two full seasons:
- Level 4 Ferox Defender is quite nice, but nothing fancy.
- Gold foil level 4 Pembrook Nymph is amazing and I hope I can get her to gold level soon, as I don't need that many more copies. Other than that nothing spectacular here either.
- Gold foil level 4 Lobb Lowland also great, because I don't have an earth summoner leveled up. Also got two of the rares at level 4.
- Also got two level 4 commons here, but otherwise nothing major.
- Didn't really get anything really good for death yet, which sucks because it's the other splinter I don' have leveled up yet and could really use.
- Got the summoner in gold foil at level 4 here too, as well as a couple of regular foil copies.
- Lastly neutral also quite disappointing, nothing major yet.
Overall I'm happy with the summoners I got at level 4, because I can use them in my silver brawls. Other than that I feel I got a little unlucky with not pulling a single legendary and almost no epics yet, despite using potions.
Ideas for Changes
What's most annoying to me is getting both gold foils and regular foils. While it's great to pull 5 gold foil summoners in one chest and instantly have it maxed for silver, it's probably take a really long time if ever, to get enough gold foil copies to max it for gold or even higher. It feels really discouraging to pull the same card in gold and in regular foil and not being able to combine them.
My suggestion would be to be able to burn gold foil cards to get a certain amount of regular foils. This way, people who are building gold foil collections are not impacted, but people like me (and I'd imagine a lot of others) can get their regular copies to a more competitive level faster.
In terms of which cards are meta, it's a little too early in my opinion, because players still need to level up their cards. I barely see any of the new cards played at all, let alone legendaries. The Martyr ability seems to be really strong however and I've seen YouTubers and Mavericks play the neutral rat, which has ranged attack and Martyr at level 1 with some success.
None of this is financial advice. These tips are for educational purposes only and might all fall out of date as both Splinterlands and the Crypto Market in general are subject to constant change.
Start playing Splinterlands today!
Splinterrents Referralcode: 308702287759671298
Hope you enjoyed the read. Have a great day and until next time!