SPS Governance Proposal - Reallocate SPS from Team Pool to TD Reward Pool
The Splinterlands Team would like to propose reallocating 1,000,000 SPS tokens per month from the pool that was initially reserved for the team to a new reward pool for the upcoming Splinterlands Tower Defense game. These tokens would then be distributed to players of the Splinterlands Tower Defense game as rewards until the supply is entirely distributed (65 months after the launch of SPS last year).
Currently, as indicated in the SPS whitepaper, roughly 3.9M SPS tokens are going into the team pool every month, and those tokens are not currently being utilized. We feel that those tokens can be put to much better use by incentivizing this new game - which will incentivize more staking of SPS, spending of DEC, and use of Splinterlands cards - while still leaving more than enough tokens going to the existing team pool should they be needed in the future.
We expect that this reallocation of tokens from an under-utilized pool to a reward pool for a new game will ultimately bring a lot more value into the ecosystem than it gives out and therefore be a significant net benefit to all community members and asset holders.
The new game will provide value to the ecosystem in the following ways:
- Adds utility for existing Splinterlands Cards through staking of the cards into the game thus adding another reason to own and hold Splinterlands Cards
- Requires players to stake SPS tokens in order to earn rewards, increasing the value of obtaining and staking SPS
- Provides more products to back the value of the DEC token
- Provides new sinks for DEC and VOUCHER tokens which both directly provide value to SPS
- Adds a new type of game to the Splinterlands platform which can help to broaden the player base