Goals for 2023
(Photo by ÁLVARO MENDOZA on Unsplash )
I made one of these for the Leo contest at the end of last year but that was just for Leo itself. I wanted to make another one for the rest of the things I want to accomplish.
As I've been talking about lately, "effort" goals are one of my primary focuses this year. It's all well and good to put down some numbers (and I'm about to do that), but if Hive goes to $2 and Leo goes to a buck in a couple months, goals that seem reasonable today may all of a sudden be all but out of reach. But one thing that will never be out of reach is the effort I put into growing my business. That's what we really are all building here; our own personal business. To that end, here are the "effort" goals.
- 10 meaningful comments per day. Read articles and take the time to respond with something that hopefully adds or reinforces what the author is saying. It's not about getting an upvote. It's about learning and comprehending what's being said and, if applicable, applying it to my own situation.
- At least two #threads a day. I've never "tweeted" so this is new for me. But it's a new platform and Twitter is obviously wildly successful, so I'm going to try and do my part to engage in that venue. Hopefully when the new UI comes out I'll be able to utilize it to help....grow my business.
- Get involved in a "project" on Hive and/or LeoFinance. I'm already trying to do that with LeoGlossary. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute all year long. It's a monster project that I think could really bring in users down the road and be a great resource for everyone who finds it.
On to the numbers...
Hive, HP, and HBD
I managed to hit the 50k HP number right at the end of last year. The goal this year is to:
- Hit Orca status as soon as possible. That's right around 56k so it's within range.
- After that, I'm ultimately shooting for 100k but I'd like to hit 80k by the end of this year. As I said earlier, if prices stay low I've got a good shot. If not then I'll have to reevaluate down the road. I certainly don't want to chase a number for the number's sake. But I do have $10 $HIVE in mind at some point so....100k * $10 = $1M. That's the goal.
- Build 2500 liquid Hive to possibly trade with. It would be nice to be able to actually sell some Hive when the price spikes. Up until now, every time it's run up I've always been afraid that "This is it" and it's going to run away from me and I won't have enough. So I don't sell and I watch it come back down. It doesn't bother me. I'm in for the long haul. But it would be nice if I could occasionally sell some without feeling like I might miss out on the big run. If I could trade 2500 during a run, maybe I could turn it into 3500 if it comes back down. Do that a couple times and that could really help reach that 100k number.
- Save 12k HBD. The idea here is to build this by selling other things. I don't want to really build it now while things are cheap. Ideally, this will be where I put things if and when I can sell them on the way up. The ultimate goal is 120k. That would be 2k/mo in interest at the current rate. That would be a very difficult number to hit without a bull run helping but...it's on paper.
Leo and LP
I'm at 65k now. As I said, I've already stated that goal: 100k LP by years end with the ultimate target 125k. Much of what I just wrote above applies here so I won't rehash it.
50k. I'm at about 20k now and it's all growing in the Kingdom, locked for a year. That should take me to 25k by itself. I will just look for opportunities when I have the funds to add to it throughout the year.
I'm shooting for 1000. I've got just over 200 now. I'm getting some daily from the airdrop but I'll need to buy at least another 400-500 to reach 1000 by years end. Since it's being sold for 1.1 HIVE now, it will require some work to get there. Another one I'll just pick away at through the year.
That's basically it for H-E tokens. I have some other ones that I'm just going to keep growing (#PIZZA, #EDS, #ARCHON, #NEOXIAN, #CTP and a few more), but I'm just going to do it organically and not put a number on them.
I started playing some of the games on Hive last year and now I'm hooked. Up until now I've just been winging it, buying things and sinking more and more into the games. There's only so far that can take me before it starts affecting everything else. To that end, I need to actually have a plan for how much I want to put into these things and what, if anything, I want to take out.
I've already sunk a lot into this game and I still don't have everything I want. I've maxed my Chaos and Riftwatcher decks and I've made a good dent in Untamed and Dice as well as having some of the more important Beta cards. Going forward, I need a plan. So...
- SPS. I'm at 30k. I'd like to get to 50k without buying any. Just earn from the game via brawls, chests, and staking.
- DEC. I'm at around 150k. I'd like to get to 1M while at the same time using it to enhance my decks. Who knows what land is going to require so I need to keep collecting this. Right now I'm getting a decent daily rental amount so...again, don't add fiat. Just fund from the game itself.
The ultimate goal here is that if and when everything picks back up again, I want to sell everything and pay off my house. Or maybe I'll buy Bitcoin and take a loan out against to pay off my house. That problem can be solved when it gets there. If it gets there. In the meantime, no more than $100/month into the game via fiat.
Another game I've done nothing but put money into. I have a good holding rewards stack which pays a couple Hive every day but it's mostly based on unopened packs. I'd like to build my $CROPS to at least 250k and open some of those packs along the way. Again, no new fiat going in.
Just keep playing the game and let it fund itself. I have 1M SIM now. Goal is to double it to 2M by next year. Possibly even put a chunk in the LP.
This one is just getting started. The goal here is to learn the game, figure out where the revenue streams are, and try to increase my stake. I'd like to just keep what I've got and see if it can be increased organically. If it starts to take off, maybe take a little out to further my Hive goal.
There are a few more games I'm a part of that I don't have any goals for yet. ChiFiBots...if that ever works. Ragnarok...getting closer. Muterra...just getting started. Genesis League Goals...still building. WOO (Wrestling Organization Online)...just getting started. We'll see where these all go. Hopefully there will be some opportunities to pull a little out along the way. I certainly don't have time to play them all.
So that's it. This is mostly a post for me so I have things down on paper, but if anyone gets something out of seeing what I'm doing, then great.
Hive is the Way.
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta
The rewards earned on this comment will go directly to the people( @hivehotbot ) sharing the post on Twitter as long as they are registered with @poshtoken. Sign up at https://hiveposh.com.
Wow, these are some pretty cool goals!
I hope that you make it all the way, and we will talk about it next year smiling!
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta
That would be great, although by that time the focus will be on the next years goals so who knows how much joy there will be. :-) It would be nice to get there though.
125k hive powers seems hard but doable, if you kept posting on the daily basis and adding value to the community and the platform, this community loves and want to see more of you :) yes Hive is the way.
I'm just trying to do my part. My goal is actually only 80k Hive and 125k Leo but...yes, hard but doable hopefully. Time will tell. Just gotta stay active and consistent.
Those are some great goals that you have! We are on the same page regarding HBD and I agree that there is no sense in accumulating it at this moment... And creating "effort goals" is a great idea... It is all about the effort and thanks to the Ourpick, I'm "forcing" myself to engage with others... Very often, I don't have too much time for commenting, but on the other side, I got lazy sometimes too... So, effort goals should help a lot in achieving all the other goals as they are the most important of all!
I have picked this post on behalf of the @OurPick project which will be highlighted in the next post!
Thanks. The effort goals are the ones we can control. Last year I kind of had the same goals but never put them down on paper as actual "goals" so they ended up falling by the wayside. I'm hoping that by keeping them front and center I can power through the doldrums and stay active, even when I don't feel like doing anything. It won't be easy, but it's amazing how the Hive and Leo just keep coming into the account every day if you put forth the effort.
You are currently doing great regarding posting and commenting coupled with your other efforts which I'm probably not following. I think you will achieve your goals and I wish you all the best.
I just started learning to thread, it is fun and great and I hope the upcoming new UI feels even greater.
Hive is the Way. :-) I'm glad you found the threading. I think that could really be a great tool going forward. Hopefully the new UI will make it even better and it can reach a lot more users.
More users just need to find their ways over there and start exploring that area of #leofinance
OMG- You live on #hive. All lofty goals. Good luck.
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta
lol Well, I don't live here, but I do try and get on as much as I can. There's just so much to do between articles and threads and games, etc. My real-life business is pretty slow over the winter so I need to do what I can before that gets busy again.
With the goals you set, it will need you to live in the platform :P
THORChain is coming out with a lending model that is risk free. It should be unrolled in the next few months (they are saying Q1 2023). If you are thinking about taking a loan out on BTC to buy a house... THORChain might be the way to go... no threat of liquidations, no stress... just pay it back when it is really worth it.
I was wondering about that. I heard Khal talking about it. Speaking of RUNE, I have a small stack in the ERC-20 version. Do I need to do something with that? Like convert it over to the native RUNE or something? I'm terrible with keeping track of things that are underperforming. lol Except HIVE....
Yes, you need to convert it. It is slowly deteriorating as ERC-20 (for lack of a better word)... so you will likely trade 10 ERC-20 Rune for 9 native Rune at this point.
Do I do that on Thorchain? Is there a certain wallet I should have. It's in metamask now. Thanks for responding to this, by the way. It's been staring me in the face for a while and I was just going to make a run at figuring it out myself over the next week.
Thorswap is the app that I use. (A THORChain front end).
(I periodically check my replies... sorry for the late one)
If we set our goal and work hard, Day and night we will definitely achieve it. Sprinterland is very interesting and famous game. Incoming bull market sprinterland coin sps and his cards value going up. My 2023 goals is to buy 30 thousand hive and power up all to support new users. We pray that you will achieve all these goals.
That's a great goal. If you stay active and engaged, I think you can get there. Things always start slower than we'd like, but as you get going it can build in a hurry. We just need to stay consistent.
Those are quite a few goals. Which one is your priority? I think there are a bit too many goals so it might be to tough and I suggest focusing on a few first. If you have room later, you can always work on the rest later.
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta
They all go together. The Hive, Leo, Cub, and Legion goals I'm just building as I go. They're are all growing organically so it's just a question of what prices look like when I'm able to add some fiat.
The gaming goals are pretty simple. Don't add any new money and see what I can get them to. I think I can hit the numbers I'm talking about. I'm renting out cards and getting rewards plus brawls. Pretty sure if I don't spend any it I'll make it. SIM is paying as well. Plus 1M SIM is only about 300-400 HIVE so it's not a huge number. This just gives me something on paper to shoot for so I have a plan rather than always just spending what I get. dCrops will be the toughest of these. We'll see. I'm always willing to adapt. For example, I have about 600 unopened Chaos packs that I could sell if prices go up once they sell out. If they were to move to $5-$6 that's a pretty good chunk of change with which I could jumpstart some of these other goals. As I said, we'll just see how it goes and make changes if necessary.
You have a nice base in which to build from and some real "skin in the game" which will set you up nicely when HIVE moons. And it will... :)
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta
Lets hope, right? I just see so many reasons this place is superior to all the other blockchains out there. We certainly don't have the "sizzle" that some do, but when it comes to "substance", we crush. I keep going back to "quality rises". Our day is coming...