SplinterStats Season Report Card - Update and Tutorial
This post will provide a summary of updates since the announcement of the Season Report Card, and provide an updated tutorial.
For those who haven't been following along with @splinterstats and my (@kiokizz) Splinterlands Statistics, welcome. This account posts daily and monthly statistics on Mystery Potions as well as updates to other developments of mine (@kiokizz). The following tools can be found at the SplinterStats landing page:
Updates (since the last post)
- Posting with Private Post Key; this enabled mobile users and non-Hive KeyChain friendly browsers to use the tool.
- Scrollable 'Post Viewer'; previously the page was one long list of data, making it challenging to write and see how things were showing in the report card.
- The report should now always 100% capture last season's data. Previously the API was limited to 30 days, with 31.5 days between the start of some seasons and the end of the subsequent one. Thanks @yabapmatt.
- Tournament Summary; a list of tournament prizes won. This feature is currently limited to tournaments entered in the last 32 days, where the last round of the tournament finishes in the report's season.
Tutorial (Using Google Chrome)
To begin, enter you player name. A couple background checks will take place, first prompting your Hive Keychain to sign a message to show ownership of your account. For users entering their Private Posting Key, the remainder of the tutorial will be an identical process without any Keychain prompts.
At this stage in making your post you can consider using an alternate opening image. This website doesn't have its own image uploader itself, but allows for images to be inserted with the following MarkDown syntax:
!(). Most image URL's should work, and if you're familiar with SplinterTalk.io, you can head over there and upload a picture, then paste the URL here:
- (Orange) After logging into your account (Using Hive Keychain) click the pen icon next to your profile picture (top-right).
- (Orange) When the post editor has loaded, find the image you want to upload, and Drag & Drop it into the white textfield.
- (Yellow) When prompted by Hive Keychain, click 'Confirm'.
- (Green) Copy & Paste the link into the Season Report Card editor.
You can include images anywhere in the available text boxes.
|Rating||4448 - Champion II|
|Total Rating Movements (+-)||5586|
|Ranked Ratio (Win/Loss+Draw)||1.11 (136/121/1)|
|Tournament Ratio (Win/Loss+Draw)||0.74 (43/55/3)|
|Tournament Reward Placements||4/6|
|Highest Rated Win vs||@tailcock (4685)|
As you're writing each section of your Report Card you may find you need to adjust the size of the text field to better see what text you have written. You can do this by clicking the bottom-right corner of the desired text field.
Top 10 Summoner Usage
|Summoner||Frequency||Teams Fielded||Win Rate|
|Scarred Llama Mage||72||25.62%||62.50%|
Having a look at @mattclarke's post over at SplinterTalk, you can get an idea of the sort of things to reflect on in each text field.
Top 100 Monster Usage
|Monster||Frequency||Teams Fielded||Win Rate|
|Spirit of the Forest||30||10.68%||66.67%|
|Angel of Light||4||1.42%||75.00%|
|Lord of Fire||4||1.42%||50.00%|
Win Rate by Ruleset
|Keep Your Distance||21||66.67%|
|Back to Basics||15||40.00%|
|Rise of the Commons||10||60.00%|
Using @aussieninja's example, we can see it's useful to link back to previous Season Report Card's, both your own record of observations, and also for your readers'. Links can be inserted into a post using the following MarkDown syntax
|ALPHA LORDS- GOLD FOIL SILVER||Silver||A||12/20||0.33 (2/6/0)||1000 DEC|
|GOLD A-GAME||Gold||A||14/63||1.86 (13/6/1)||1000 DEC|
|ALPHA LORDS- GOLD FOIL SILVER||Silver||A||17/19||0.29 (2/7/0)||650 DEC|
|ALPHA LORDS- GOLD FOIL GOLD||Gold||A||13/16||0.40 (2/5/0)||5000 DEC|
Here we have our newest edition, the Tournament Report.
Standard Foil Cards
Gold Foil Cards
Captured DEC (Ranked Rewards)
|Ranked Play Wins||DEC Earned|
Total Ranked Play Rewards
|Total Ranked Play Earnings|
A few rewards here, a few there.. Got a lot of potions this season 👀 $25~ to play a game for a couple weeks isn't so bad 🤔
It's important to consider what sort of tags to use in your post. By default your post will include #SplinterStats and #spt. This will make your post eligible for Splintertalk Tribe (SPT) tokens in addition to HIVE/HBD Rewards which can be earnt from posting quality content to the Hive Blockchain.
Other tags which may be appropriate depending on your reflections include:
- Palnet: The Palnet community is a general topic forum where nearly all sorts of posts are allowed.
- Neoxian: The Neoxian community is a general topic forum where nearly all sorts of posts are allowed.
- Leofinance: The Leo Finance community where you write about anything that is related to crypto & finance.
Once you're happy with your report, you can click post.
Make sure you include enough writing in Report Card. It is good practice to include some text, with some brief commentary in each box. If you don't have much the Editor may prompt you to write some more. This doesn't necessarily need to be a lot, and you can click post again after adding a few more words (ensure text is in each text field).
Make sure to "Confirm" the post when the Hive Keychain pop-up requests permission.
Thanks for reading. Have a good day and enjoy your next game of Splinterlands 👍
PS: Don't forget to read and reply to others Report Cards if you find something interesting: https://www.splintertalk.io/created/splinterstats